Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Infinite Mile Battery Warranty [Now] Being Honored By Tesla [Issue Resolved]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe they reset your BMS and your driving and recharging many times will help to recalibrate it over time... That numbers will continue to change until it reaches ultimate but basic ballpark accuracy based on constant varying conditions.
The trip charge @ 100% was down to 195 this morning. That is a 9% decrease since last Friday when I picked it up from Tesla. Thanks for the input.

• Informative
Reactions: N..8 and KidDoc
The trip charge @ 100% was down to 195 this morning. That is a 9% decrease since last Friday when I picked it up from Tesla. Thanks for the input.

I suggest you email Tesla each and every time that the estimated range drops after a full (100%) charge so they have a record of it that they can refer back to. This way they can’t say the battery degraded over a long time or without their knowledge. Also, keep date stamped copies of the emails you send for the inevitable response that they never got any emails or that there are no emails in your file. My experience with an issue I had with a new car not showing in the app was it took Tesla nearly 3 months and lots of phone calls for them to match my emails to my account.

At the very least, keep a copy of this thread, as it documents the decreasing range of your battery, that you can give them (thou this thread contains a lot of extraneous comments that is useless to your goal of showing a rapid decrease of range).

After reading this What battery failure looks like thread the other day, I don't think the OP will have any problems when his battery finally does fail

That case is different because in this thread from the first post, if your car is down to 50 mile capacity, it is still degradation and not covered by warratny.

The other case passed the parameter and got into 45 mile capacity.

• Funny
Reactions: Seven7
But I'll accept your correction.
That's very BIG ( and by BIG I actually mean kind, good or helpful) of you to accept my correction, I will try to stick to exact literal posts from now on, again thank you for accepting my correction, and I truly hope that the word BIG did not throw you off to much, and I hope that when I say "throw you off to much" you know that literally means that I hope you did not misunderstand me, Whew! that was rough! oh and by rough I hope you know that I actually meant difficult!

I also want you to understand that the post above was made strictly for my and others amusement and I hope that your sense of humor is as good as your grammar (mine sucks, my grammar not my sense of humor)

Hmart, my personnal opinion is that you have a cell pack that is going out and it's bleeding the other cells packs down trying to balance it. It's not showing up until you use the pack down then the weak pack shows it's ugly head and then recalulates the SOC. Since you were pulling 360 that might have affected the weak cell pack more than normal. Have you driving your car down below 20% SOC since all the started because it would be interesting to see how many kw's you get out of it. You know that last time you pulled about 50kw out it.
I suggest you email Tesla each and every time that the estimated range drops after a full (100%) charge so they have a record of it that they can refer back to. This way they can’t say the battery degraded over a long time or without their knowledge. Also, keep date stamped copies of the emails you send for the inevitable response that they never got any emails or that there are no emails in your file. My experience with an issue I had with a new car not showing in the app was it took Tesla nearly 3 months and lots of phone calls for them to match my emails to my account.

At the very least, keep a copy of this thread, as it documents the decreasing range of your battery, that you can give them (thou this thread contains a lot of extraneous comments that is useless to your goal of showing a rapid decrease of range).
Thanks for the input. I will follow your advise.

Reactions: Guy V
On the same page is this thread. Tesla replaced his battery within the terms of the warranty. So it seems the warranty is inconsistently honored.

How so? He specifically says "In short, the battery had faults logged against it", so it had reported faults that something in the pack failed, so Tesla replaced the failed pack. In this thread the OPs battery pack is not reporting faults, so Tesla isn't replacing it under warranty.

You have your car set to Rated Range? If so, this is highly abnormal behavior. I would request a Tesla loaner pack right away, and ask them to fix yours. Rated Range is from the EPA ratings, based on available capacity (not weather or recent driving behavior). Rated Range values shouldn't vary like this at all on Teslas.

You have your car set to Rated Range? If so, this is highly abnormal behavior. I would request a Tesla loaner pack right away, and ask them to fix yours. Rated Range is from the EPA ratings, based on available capacity (not weather or recent driving behavior). Rated Range values shouldn't vary like this at all on Teslas.
Thanks for the advice. I will ask but they have already said the "recalibration" of the battery is all they could do at this time. Thanks for your input.

This will definitely not sit well with @MP3Mike !

I'm not sure why you say that, something like this is exactly what I expected to happen. (And matches what happened to someone else who recently got a pack replaced under warranty.)

It appears that the battery pack, or maybe something else, has failed and Tesla will likely replace it under warranty.

I do think it is kind of silly for Tesla to refuse to replace the pack proactively, when they probably know that it was actually going to fail fairly soon. Hopefully they at least pre-ordered a replacement pack to have on hand.

Reactions: Guy V and KidDoc