TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Infiniti LE

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by dpeilow, Apr 4, 2012.

1. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

The Infiniti LE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wireless charging.

If they confirm 150 miles range it gets a

thumbs_up.jpg

Thanks to Nick Chambers for grabbing the pics.

2. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

I am slightly underwhelmed by the styling compared to what I was expecting. But that 'liquid-silver' paint is intense even in pictures. And that 'crystalline' front end seems a tad odd.

3. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

It's a concept car, so it has to look flashy :)

4. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

I really want that PAINT!

5. Norbert

Norbert TSLA will win

Reminds me of my kitchen stuff... quite unusual on a car.

6. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Paint IS nice, sort of reminds me of a shinier Model X. Agree on the front end. A bit gaudy for an EV though IMO.

7. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Word is they are targeting 100 miles "real world".

8. EVNow

EVNow Active Member

What's up with the "mean" looking cars ?

9. EVNow

EVNow Active Member

If that translates to "EPA range", it should be equivalent to some 140 "Leaf" miles (i.e. LA4 cycle). I'll take that.

10. Takumi

Takumi Member

#12 Takumi, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
    It reflects peoples' feelings when they're stuck in traffic. Not that many happy drivers out there.

11. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

12. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

I would agree that the paint job is really nice.

13. Grendal

Grendal Active Member

It uses the same pack as the Leaf, 24 kWh. Unless they upgrade the battery chemistry significantly, I can't see how they are going to get 100 "real world" miles, let alone 140. The car uses the same pack (and same configuration) as the Leaf and weighs more. This car seems marketed to the people that said they'd buy a Leaf but didn't because of looks - which has to be a very small segment of the market.

14. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Well-Known Member

It seems like the same mistake Lexus made: the HS250h. Basically it'll be slightly more powerful, but less efficient (because it is heavier and has a more powerful motor), with some extra luxury. It'll probably flop like the HS250h in that case (most people would buy the Leaf instead, just like most people bought the Prius instead). They need to offer a much bigger pack by production time so that it at least can top the Leaf in range.

15. Grendal

Grendal Active Member

The large manufacturer fumbles just gives Tesla that much more of a foothold on their piece of the market. This is really just a slightly better looking Leaf. I see nothing coming down the pipeline that is a threat to the Model S, Model X, or even the fabled Mass Market Car. Let's say they price this at $40K, would you buy it? Does it make sense? I'd wait for Tesla's Mass Market car. It will likely be twice the car for same price.

16. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

It would be a consideration for people who want a "known company" to buy a car from. If the miles were 140 VS a Model S 160 that would be real competitiveness.

17. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Well-Known Member

If it had 150 miles range advertised, or ~110 miles EPA, (as was rumored originally), I would seriously consider buying one for $40k. Given it has the same/less range as the Leaf (100 miles advertised, 73 EPA), it doesn't work for me. I would rather wait for Tesla's Mass Market car.

Of course things can still change as the car nears production.

If it had similar range and price as a Tesla (or perhaps an even lower price), I would probably seriously consider buying the Infiniti instead; I would definitely buy the Infiniti without consideration if I wasn't a Tesla fan for all these years. Infiniti has a pretty good reputation for reliability in luxury cars; the German makes had a couple of years where their reliability was horrible. That doesn't appear to be the case though.

18. EVNow

EVNow Active Member

Yes - 73 EPA miles is a non-starter for me as well as an upgrade to leaf. I wonder whether they are playing it safe by not announcing anything that might make people wait instead of buying Leaf. Same range as Leaf in a more expensive EV - but after 3 years, doesn't make sense. I hope they offer a larger pack option when we get to 2014.