Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Info and Hints from Elon Tweets

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Figured it might be best to have a consolidated thread for all of the information and hints that Elon is dropping on Twitter right now around the Model 3, since every time he tweets another thread is made just for that one instance.

Is there a way to make a wiki page that is editable by everyone? If not I can try and keep up with updating ad he posts:

• RWD will be Standard, AWD upgrade (tweet)
    • AWD upgrade will be less than 5k (tweet)
    • AWD adjusts every ~.01 sec (tweet)
    • Production AWD will be faster than AWD cars used for reveal test drives (tweet)
  • There will be an optional Tow Hitch (tweet)
  • Dashboard will make more sense after part 2 reveal (tweet)
  • Steering controls on prototype shown are not the final iteration (tweet)(tweet 2)
  • Some tweaks being made to front of car (tweet)
  • Aerodynamic coefficient goal is 0.21 (tweet)

• The Model3 won't be a hatchback, but he believes they can increase the opening size (tweet)
    • Q: "The trunk opening on the model 3 now is rather very small, any chance of increasing its size?"
    • EM: "won't be a hatchback, but we should be able to increase the opening width and height"
  • Vegan Interior will be an option for Model3 (tweet)
  • He is serious about cowbells (tweet)
    • EM: "Signing off from impromptu Twitter AMA. Thanks for the suggestions. Btw, we really will have more cow bells."
  • Tall people can fit ( tweet)
Is there a center place that MDL3 updates can be posted on a regular bases.

Is there a center place that MDL3 updates can be posted on a regular bases.
Yes. The TMC Model 3 forum that you posted in and the Tesla Motors website at Model 3 | Tesla

Please keep in mind that there have been no official Tesla Motors announcements about the Model 3 since the March 31, 2016 reveal. Elon has made some tweets about the Model 3, which is what this particular thread is about.

Please keep in mind that there have been no official Tesla Motors announcements about the Model 3 since the March 31, 2016 reveal.
There was this on 19 October:

We are excited to announce that, as of today, all Tesla vehicles produced in our factory – including Model 3 – will have the hardware needed for full self-driving capability at a safety level substantially greater than that of a human driver.

Since then, absolutely nothing!

Reactions: Kacey Green
There was this on 19 October:

We are excited to announce that, as of today, all Tesla vehicles produced in our factory – including Model 3 – will have the hardware needed for full self-driving capability at a safety level substantially greater than that of a human driver.

Since then, absolutely nothing!
There is also the announcement that 2170 cell production has started

We are excited to announce that, as of today, all Tesla vehicles produced in our factory – including Model 3 – will have the hardware needed for full self-driving capability
At the March 2016 Model 3 reveal it was made clear that every Model 3 built would have the same Autopilot hardware as the S/X has even if the Model 3 buyer did not purchase that option. Of course at that time Tesla had not announced the FSDC option. So I take your point.

Reactions: Kacey Green

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170207-200340.png
    Screenshot_20170207-200340.png
    472.3 KB · Views: 327
Elon tweeted this yesterday in response to a question about whether someone should buy a lower end S vs a mid-top range 3. Elon recommended the S. Not sure if we can draw any conclusions from this. My two thoughts are 1. A top range 3 won't be able to be configured with as many options as an S, or 2. Elon would rather sell an S to the poster now vs later.

IMG_0330.jpg

Elon tweeted this yesterday in response to a question about whether someone should buy a lower end S vs a mid-top range 3. Elon recommended the S. Not sure if we can draw any conclusions from this. My two thoughts are 1. A top range 3 won't be able to be configured with as many options as an S, or 2. Elon would rather sell an S to the poster now vs later.

View attachment 218594

I think he's trying to keep people from waiting. If you have the money to buy an S now, he obviously wants that sale now. Probably nothing much else to read into this. 2 weeks left in Q1................

View attachment 218594
I think what was meant was, by analogy: if you want a mercedes S class and can afford it, get it. A C class is a very good car, but not the same as an S class. Just an analogy.

Reactions: Red Sage
You're right, you can't read anything into it. Since the person that asked didn't give any criteria you can't make any assumptions based on the responses. If the question had been "I'm looking to maximize my range and was wondering ..." then you could start to infer some things ... maybe.

Reactions: Red Sage