Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Info and Hints from Elon Tweets

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, I agree with this sort of lineup: I don't think 10 kWh is meaningful, and I don't know if they would go with software locks on packs after the (we are assuming) small number of people upgrading the current 60. If the 75 does give about 300 Miles, a 55 would be a good other option.
My guess to battery sizes (which may or may not be software limited to streamline production) and range are 60 / 245 and 75 / 310.

We know that the top range will be less than 330 and that the battery size will be 75 kwh. And it's almost certain the base 3 will beat the Bolt's range of around 237. Though more aerodynamic, the 3 will be heavier than the Bolt so I think the battery will be bigger than the Bolt's 55. 240 would be cutting it too close so I think 245.

And it makes absolutely no sense to have a battery in between - even if the base was a 55 - to get about 280 range.

Reactions: melindav
My guess to battery sizes (which may or may not be software limited to streamline production) and range are 60 / 245 and 75 / 310.

We know that the top range will be less than 330 and that the battery size will be 75 kwh. And it's almost certain the base 3 will beat the Bolt's range of around 237. Though more aerodynamic, the 3 will be heavier than the Bolt so I think the battery will be bigger than the Bolt's 55. 240 would be cutting it too close so I think 245.

And it makes absolutely no sense to have a battery in between - even if the base was a 55 - to get about 280 range.
The Bolt's battery is 60kWh (technically I think it's 63).

don__t_panic_and_carry_a_towel_by_ashique47-d3fu8qd.jpg

Wow. The sheer levels of panic displayed here are rather dismaying. It seems many of you have succumbed to the 'reality' of FUD mongers these past few days. Are you Fearful? Uncertain? Doubtful? If so, then their mission is near complete.

I would urge you to reflect upon this recent news in the best possible light, instead of in brooding shadows. Remember the extreme bad press that Naysayers wielded to extreme effect upon the release of Model X Founders edition vehicles relative to Tesla's pricing. Understand the embarrassment that caused Tesla and Elon Musk. Accept the absolute necessity that NOT happen with Model 3 upon its release.

Chill. Relax. Chillax.

Last edited:
I don't like the answer, but at least it is direct.
And, I hate to say, I wish the questioner had said 'driver centered'... we spend half our time being 'Kremlinologists' parsing every little word... I think we can assume Elon knows the question was/he meant nothing for the driver centered position, but, as is too often the case, it was not explicitly stated. (And we already have a speedometer on the 'actual (the one and only) central screen', as has been demo'd.)

Of course, I've already seen a thread post where it says 'hey, he didn't rule out a HUD, just a speedo!'...

Someone needs to ask: Will there be *any information displayed in front of the driver?* and see what we get.

Don't have high expectations guys , when I heard there won't be a dedicated display for speedometer I was angry , now kinda got used to it but still pisses me off , although I'd didn't see dedicated hardware buttons for hazard lights / trunk opening in model 3 . Think that will be digital or will release candidate have hardware buttons for it ?