Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[INFO] Maximum TV Size in Trunk?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I measured the box to be 37 and a quarter inches tall. The side skirts of the wheel well flexible and it fits!
Its a SUPER tight fit so don't necessarily recommend it wasnt so tight that it damaged anything, still was able to slide out.

View attachment 355027 View attachment 355028

Excellent and inspiring post! I'm literally about to do this and I'm glad someone's tried it before! As it now seems like many have done since!

Excellent and inspiring post! I'm literally about to do this and I'm glad someone's tried it before! As it now seems like many have done since!

Make sure you measure the box, as it will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. The box was actually slightly bigger than the gap, but the wheel well sidings was able to "slightly" compress to allow the box to slide through. There was literally not an extra mm more.

I can thoroughly confirm you can ABSOLUTELY NOT fit a 75” tv inside the vehicle, especially with the box lol... I had to get a friend to come with a truck to lend me a hand... got a lot of looks from people wondering why I was just standing next to my car with a tv.. lol

I googled all over there... curious if there would be a good way to secure the 75” TV box to the top of a tesla model 3 on a Bike Rack with the windows cracked open for any lines etc? (Just use city roads no major freeway with the tv).

Just throwing ideas out there.

Signed; Embaressed model 3 owner... :-/

Attachments

• 3D77842A-18B5-405B-A465-E1769E7AA1BE.jpeg
    3D77842A-18B5-405B-A465-E1769E7AA1BE.jpeg
    636.7 KB · Views: 616
I can thoroughly confirm you can ABSOLUTELY NOT fit a 75” tv inside the vehicle, especially with the box lol... I had to get a friend to come with a truck to lend me a hand... got a lot of looks from people wondering why I was just standing next to my car with a tv.. lol

I googled all over there... curious if there would be a good way to secure the 75” TV box to the top of a tesla model 3 on a Bike Rack with the windows cracked open for any lines etc? (Just use city roads no major freeway with the tv).

Just looking the 2 pics of 65" TVs was enough evidence for me to KNOW that a 75" would NOT fit.:eek:

I think a 75" tv is about 40" tall, no box, no feet, while the Model 3 is 37" wide, so to fit it, you might be able to take it out of the box and slide it in at an angle, supporting it so that it doesn't crack!

I had a 8 foot x'mas tree tied up there last December without a bike rack (just on the glass roof). :p I even drove thru In n' out to get lunch. The workers there said they appreciate us bringing X'mas smell to their place.

• Funny
Reactions: Jaywlker and KenC
That 75" Samsung, without box is only 38" high, which means it probably could fit, unboxed, with one side raised a few inches.

The one side raised a few inches distributes the weight less evening than all 4 sides flat or perpendicular. There is definitely danger of the TV glass breaking/distorting in that condition especially for such a large TV. I was scared enough doing it for 5 miles of driving through relatively safe roads, so I'm not sure how far you guys are driving and your road conditions.

I would never have tried a 75 period.

The one side raised a few inches distributes the weight less evening than all 4 sides flat or perpendicular. There is definitely danger of the TV glass breaking/distorting in that condition especially for such a large TV. I was scared enough doing it for 5 miles of driving through relatively safe roads, so I'm not sure how far you guys are driving and your road conditions.

I would never have tried a 75 period.
YUP, fits........used a few pillows & blankets under the side I raised by a couple of inches.

Reactions: Jaywlker
I see pictures posted of people fitting a 65" tv in the back all the time and was dumb enough to not check the measurements of the one I bought. My box is 39.2" and I could not get it past the rear wheel wells and felt like a dope. I have a loaner Model S and am trying to figure out how much wider it is. I'd really like to not be the guy who tried picking up his tv in 2 different Tesla's and failed.

I see pictures posted of people fitting a 65" tv in the back all the time and was dumb enough to not check the measurements of the one I bought. My box is 39.2" and I could not get it past the rear wheel wells and felt like a dope. I have a loaner Model S and am trying to figure out how much wider it is. I'd really like to not be the guy who tried picking up his tv in 2 different Tesla's and failed.
There's only 39" between the wheels in the rear of my Model S. With that said, we were able to bring home two different 65" TVs in the S several years ago.

There's only 39" between the wheels in the rear of my Model S. With that said, we were able to bring home two different 65" TVs in the S several years ago.
Ive actually been looking up the box dimensions of the TV's that people have posted pictures of and most are in the 38" region. For some reason my 65" in the box seems to be a bit wider than most other boxes at 39.2". If we are talking .2" difference, I assume I can compress the box a bit to get it in, fingers crossed!

Ive actually been looking up the box dimensions of the TV's that people have posted pictures of and most are in the 38" region. For some reason my 65" in the box seems to be a bit wider than most other boxes at 39.2". If we are talking .2" difference, I assume I can compress the box a bit to get it in, fingers crossed!
Usually there's a lot of room between the box and the sides of the TV. Maybe take a box cutter along and you could cut off the top of the box, if necessary.