Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[INFO] Maximum TV Size in Trunk?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Jedi2155

Model 3 has Arrived.
Jul 6, 2018
Upland, CA
Hey, I'm a Black Friday loving intense shopper for years and one of my few yearly traditions. Looking for a TV for my sister and wanted to confirm if a 65" fits in the trunk?

AFAIK Model 3 Dimensions are as follows:
Trunk dimension:
Width : 37 inches - 94 cm
Length : 42 inches - 107 cm
Height : 18 inches - 46 cm

Specifications for a 65" TV top out around 35.9" but I'm assuming that's without the box

Wanted to confirm if anyone has actually tried it. I think I heard a 60" fits no problem but don't recall if a 65 fits.

Hey, I'm a Black Friday loving intense shopper for years and one of my few yearly traditions. Looking for a TV for my sister and wanted to confirm if a 65" fits in the trunk?

Trunk dimension:

Specifications for a 65" TV top out around 35.9" but I'm assuming that's without the box

Wanted to confirm if anyone has actually tried it. I think I heard a 60" fits no problem but don't recall if a 65 fits.
Good luck! I’m just posting so that I can later learn the result.

Trunk dimension:

Pythagoras says just short of 56" on the diagonal.

I dont think it will. The box on a 65" is usually 40-42" wide, so even though it will fit in terms of depth (with the seats down), it can't make it past the narrow opening above the wheels. That tops out around 37" so my guess is unless the TV is shrink wrapped instead of boxed, it's not going to fit.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
Well I measured the box to be 37 and a quarter inches tall. The side skirts of the wheel well flexible and it fits!
Its a SUPER tight fit so don't necessarily recommend it wasnt so tight that it damaged anything, still was able to slide out.

20181123_072659.jpg
20181123_072740.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely! Was that the $400 65" TCL? I ended getting a Samsung 65NU8000 for $860 at Fry's. I did consider the TCL due to the support for Dolby Vision which I'm not sure the Samsung has (still in the box ATM).

Someone else said their 65" didn't fit though....

yes exactly! I am not a TV person and this was my first time buying TV (hehe). With the trust I have from TMC community, I went to the Walmart with Model S! For us, this TV suffices all the purpose. We are not TV enthusiast.
It fits perfect, and I highly doubt that bigger version like 75? would fit. Mine is Model S.

yes exactly! I am not a TV person and this was my first time buying TV (hehe). With the trust I have from TMC community, I went to the Walmart with Model S! For us, this TV suffices all the purpose. We are not TV enthusiast.
It fits perfect, and I highly doubt that bigger version like 75? would fit. Mine is Model S.

According to this, the Model S only has an extra inch of width compared to the 3. I measured the box to be 37.25", while the uncompressed width of the Model 3 was 37". Only with compression was I able to get the extra 1/4".

Reactions: longshot49
According to this, the Model S only has an extra inch of width compared to the 3. I measured the box to be 37.25", while the uncompressed width of the Model 3 was 37". Only with compression was I able to get the extra 1/4".
Well in my case, it was "perfect fit" to the width of the trunk. so in an inch difference will not let it fit. The worst case scenario is to unbox it :)
Hope it works!

Reactions: Jaywlker