TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Info on 2019 updated S 370/345 range, 200kw, active suspension

Discussion in 'Model S' started by bhzmark, May 3, 2019.

1. bhzmark

bhzmark Supporting Member

2. zanary

zanary Member

I thought those who ordered it has May 2019, so I suspect in the next three weeks will be the first deliveries. Not too sure on test drives because I'm sure they want to sell them all and not use them as test drive vehicles at first.

3. Mike Robinson

Mike Robinson Member

Tesla is showing on their website the ability to order the new 370 mile configuration MS now, so apparently it's available now.

They're also offering FREE Ludicrous upgrade for existing Tesla owners who buy new! I'm assuming you must order a Performance version to get the free Ludicrous upgrade. Of course, then it's not a 370-mile car :(

4. mlforrest

mlforrest Supporting Member

I must say I am surprised by the limited number of customizable options on the current online studio build out. No metallic black exterior color, no carbon fiber trim package, no panoramic moonroof option. Coupled with the incredible deal of free ludicrous for any previous owner. My gut is telling me that this is a half way point upgrade and they are setting the stage for a more significant upgrade in the near future. Thoughts?.....

• Like x 2
  5. bookiepilot69

bookiepilot69 Member

Just picked my 2019 LR S today in Phoenix. I had no prior notice since ordering it on 4/30 until yesterday when I got an email to pick it up today at 11a! A bit of a shock the way it happened but all seems quite well and is as advertised as far as I can tell.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 2
  6. Keith909man

Keith909man Member

Is this an upgrade for you or is this your first Tesla?

7. bookiepilot69

bookiepilot69 Member

Traded in my 2018 X 75D.

8. bhzmark

Range 370? How's the suspension? Badging?

• Like x 1
  9. CFrolander

CFrolander Member

Yes suspension! That’s what I’ve been trying to figure out. I had a 2017 X 75D and the suspension was... fine. Amazing if the car was like 40 or 60k, but for the 100k or so it cost it was just fine. Is it a considerably smoother and more luxurious ride than the X or is it similar enough to not make a big impact.

I’ve got a new X on order so just tempering my expectations on that if needed lol

10. bookiepilot69

bookiepilot69 Member

Well, when comparing the new ride to the old, I have to say the ride quality is significantly improved. I'm guessing you'll see the same thing too. Good luck.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  11. bhzmark

Thanks. But if you were thinking of getting a job at Motor Trend or Car and Driver, dont give up your day job.

12. TMThree

TMThree Member

If he worked there, I doubt he could afford the X