Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Info on a CPO S85 - FYI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
87440D1F-0839-484E-B54B-2306B7B0AEDA.png
I traded this car in to Tesla in mid Dec 2018. It has been sitting at the auto auction lot in Orlando Fl since then. The price has been lowered several times. It’s a two owner car that is (or was) in absolutely pristine condition and was very carefully maintained. I still have the build sheet and all the service records on the car since new. I could forward these to anyone who buys the car.

It’s disappointing me that a car this nice doesn’t stand out from the mass of average condition cars. I have no direct involvement nor financial interest here - just giving a heads up on an extremely nice older MS.

Nice of you to give a heads up to fellow members. I'm curious, too, on what they gave you. You'd think they would want to move clean inventory as soon as possible? Months of capital tied into a depreciating asset doesn't seem like a good plan.

Tesla gave me $37,300 for it. Even 3 months ago, I was pretty sure I could not have sold it for more than that.

Tesla does a miserable job of remarketing these used cars. A few low quality pictures and they require a non-refundable deposit and committiment to buy?

Overall condition is critical in a used car purchase, and there’s absolutely no way that can be determined w/o a careful in-person inspection. Something Tesla refuses to allow.

@Tforme where is the lot that your former car is stored? I am searching for a used one on the Tesla site and they say
"Northern Florida." I figure if I can find the central locations I can at least get a peek at the car before that deposit has to be made without seeing what I am buying!

I seriously doubt you’ll be able to see it - but I’d be interested to hear if you try!

Most Central Fl Tesla used inventory is at an ADESA auction holding lot in Sanford Fl. My Tesla app showed the car here for nearly two months until Tesla deleted the old car from my app. I think it’s probably still there.

The lot is across the road from the ADESA auction facility. Technically at the end of Sade Park Ln in Sanford. Probably around a hundred cars here - they can be easily seen on a google earth view.

I don’t know if you can access the lot, I’ve never tried. I doubt that they would let someone on it.

I once asked a Tesla rep to look at a used car “at an Orlando area” lot and was told “no”. You have to buy it first. I think this is about the most ridiculous policy I’ve ever encountered.

I just did the Google Earth of the ADESA in Tampa. I think I have been there with an old lease and you can access part of the lot. I am going to swing by and see. Probably do not want me there, but I just cannot fathom buying a car without inspecting it.

View attachment 391312
I traded this car in to Tesla in mid Dec 2018. It has been sitting at the auto auction lot in Orlando Fl since then. The price has been lowered several times. It’s a two owner car that is (or was) in absolutely pristine condition and was very carefully maintained. I still have the build sheet and all the service records on the car since new. I could forward these to anyone who buys the car.

It’s disappointing me that a car this nice doesn’t stand out from the mass of average condition cars. I have no direct involvement nor financial interest here - just giving a heads up on an extremely nice older MS.
I just bought this car today! Regards, kingjw

View attachment 391312

I would really like to have the service records and build sheet, regards, kingjw