Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Informal Club Meet-up following the "Car on 5th" Exotic Car Show in Naples Feb 16th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Larry Chanin

President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts
Aug 22, 2011
Sarasota, Florida
On Saturday, February 16th, from 10:00AM to 3:00PM The Ferrari Club of America Naples Chapter has announced the ninth annual Cars on 5th show in Naples. It is open to the public and set on prestigious 5th Avenue in downtown Old Naples. It is expected that over 400 cars will be on display on 5th Avenue from Route 41 west to 3rd Street. This year there will be exotics including Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Maseratis and more.

Representatives from the Tesla Miami Beach store will also be bringing a Model S to display as a spectator since all registrations are filled.

In addition, two of our club members have registered their Roadster and Model S and will be showing them among the exhibitors.

If there is sufficient interest at 3:30 PM we are tentatively planning on having an informal meetup of Florida Tesla Motors Club Members and Tesla enthusiasts at the Tommy Bahama Restaurant at 1220 3rd Street South Naples, FL 34102.

If you are interested in getting together with our club members please send a private message to me as soon a possible.

My apologies for the short notice. If plans change I'll update this thread.

Regards,

Larry Chanin
Founder, Florida Tesla Motors Club

Larry, Robin and I are seriously thinking of heading to Naples after Cars and Coffee if you and Mary Ellen want to do it (and others of course) It sure would be a fun Tesla Day! Hopefully the weather will cooperate. Steve.

Steve,

Naples is a charger wasteland. The only "public" charger in the area is the Nissan Dealership. I assume its available during normal buisness hours. We'd also be competing with each other, anyone who joined us and the Tesla Model S. I figure by the time I returned from Cars & Coffee I might have 90 rated miles left. If I recharge to full it would probably take about 4 hours. So we'd miss the event, but might make it to the meet-up. I might have enough charge to make the round trip, but that would be my longest trip and I still suffer from range anxiety so I'm dubious.

We have two club members who are part of the club charging network who live in the Naples area.

I'd be interested in discussing this further off-line. Please refer to the email that I sent to you before you posted about going to Naples.

Larry

If that is the case, then that may indicate that the secret TESLIVE person is a FL based user... that may post in the FL forums... hmmmmmm...

I doubt it means anything. brianman posts here and he's not from Florida. :wink:

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

I will be at cars on 5th, didn't plan on driving my Model S since I have nowhere to charge it over there... :( I'm driving over from Davie, FL....

We look forward to meeting you.

Larry

I doubt it means anything. brianman posts here and he's not from Florida. :wink:
Larry
You caught me! I post anywhere that shows up in "New Posts", except the non-English threads...unless they have interesting pictures that make me curious.

As for "the game", I have no idea what the almonds, etc. are about.

As for "Teslive" and other conundrums, I stick with my original answer: Hovercraft Option! I'm gonna stick with that answer until Elon speaks about electric hovercraft.

I'm thinking of taking the Tesla from Davie to Naples and back for Cars on 5th, it's 99 miles each way, plus some more for driving around town, and we'll be staying over night.... should I try it? anywhere to charge over there just in case? how many miles would I lose overnight? 5?

I'm thinking of taking the Tesla from Davie to Naples and back for Cars on 5th, it's 99 miles each way, plus some more for driving around town, and we'll be staying over night.... should I try it? anywhere to charge over there just in case? how many miles would I lose overnight? 5?

You should be able to make it on a single charge if you are careful with your speed. After getting a full standard charge, switch to maximum charge an hour before you leave.

However, in terms of backup unfortunately its a charger wasteland in Naples. There is Nissan dealer that has accommodated charging a Model S a few weeks ago. I assume its only open during working hours. The problem is that there is a potential that you would be competing with other club members since there is no reservation system, just first come-first serve. Its also going to be slow at just 30 amps. I'm guessing its only going to do less that 20 mph.

Another option for charging backup is to join our club. As a member you would be eligible to join our charger sharing network. Some of our members have agreed to share their charging source with other participating members.

If you are interested in joining our club and charging network, please email me directly at [email protected] and include your full name, screen name and city.

Regards,

Larry

Last edited:
I'm told the event went well.

Here's a photo of the club meet-up.

attachment.php

Larry