Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Information on Modifications to reservations

Should I be optimistic about an order change happening; deleting white interior & adding towing?

• Nope: nothing more to say

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm wondering since my credit union's financing approval ends after thirty days and I have already had that happen once, should I wait for the VIN and then re-apply or do it now to cut down on the time. Any thoughts?
Jeff

So IMHO I would wait for the VIN. I did and I still haven't heard anything from Tesla for over a week (even after contacting them) even after I had my VIN and MVPA. So hold out until the VIN would be my suggestion to maximize your 30 days.

Good Luck!

• Helpful
Reactions: Jeff Wa
So that was me last week too... EXCEPT I haven't heard a peep from Tesla. That's what has me nervous/ wondering the timing because I found the VIN and MVPA like you last week, then I got everything all set on my own, but never ever once got a text, email or call from Tesla. They haven't said a single word and when I chatted with them they gave me an email address to ask about delivery and nothing but radio silence for nearly a week. No replies to any emails. So my confidence level of getting the car any time soon is very very low.

Silence for nearly a week. No replies to any emails. So my confidence level of getting the car any time soon is very very low.

Good for you though!

They make them in batches, so it all comes down to your exact configuration. Also, I ordered a hitch, and it seems they made quite a few of those last week.

There's also a regional factor. Typically, they only do California deliveries in the last half of the last month in the quarter. But since the Covid shutdown, it seems they are delivering a lot of Model Ys to California. I'm guessing it's all about advertising, letting the massive California market know about the new Tesla CUV.

They make them in batches, so it all comes down to your exact configuration. Also, I ordered a hitch, and it seems they made quite a few of those last week.....

So I went into Chat and this time got an answer vs instructions to email... and even though I have a VIN and MVPA (Received Jun 2nd)- they said that my car (destination NY) is still in "General Production" which means its still in the "Getting Built" category. They did say they are trying to get all cars delivered before the end of the month (as we guessed because its the end of the quarter).

So for those playing at home- I'm MY Blue LR, Black Interior with 19", FSD and TOW... VIN shows serial number in the mid 11k-ish. The Tesla person said basically you'll get a communication when its loading up for destination- which if its for CA is basically the roll off the line- but for the East Coast, not so much.

So I went into Chat and this time got an answer vs instructions to email... and even though I have a VIN and MVPA (Received Jun 2nd)- they said that my car (destination NY) is still in "General Production" which means...

Well don't know if its clean livin' or the Karma I saved up from braking hard to not hit squirrels, but I got the TXT and call today... Sunday is my pickup day... so don't know, just yesterday I was general production and today its "on its way to NY..." So whatever the story- I'm thrilled... and remember, I also have a TOW HITCH... so... here's hoping! Good luck to us all!

Well don't know if its clean livin' or the Karma I saved up from braking hard to not hit squirrels, but I got the TXT and call today... Sunday is my pickup day... so don't know, just yesterday I was general production and today its "on its way to NY..." So whatever the story- I'm thrilled... and remember, I also have a TOW HITCH... so... here's hoping! Good luck to us all!

giphy.gif

:D

Reactions: StanT