Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Infotainment screen stays lit unless I close reopen and close the drivers side front door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, it’s not normal to close the driver’s door and have the screen stay on until you reopen and close the door again. There might be an issue with the door seal or sensor. If it’s a brand new car, the seal can take a while to soften up.

If you walk away and the car auto-locks, does the screen not turn off?

Also, are you talking about when the car is plugged in for charging? Or just normally parked?
It happens about 50% of the time when I'm parking the car normally. I just have to watch the screen to make sure that it turns off when I shut the door. When charging, the "charging summary" screen shows, and the screen won't respond to anything. Even if I press the brake pedal. But, when I open the door, everything's normal. Is there a problem with my seat sensor?

It happens about 50% of the time when I'm parking the car normally. I just have to watch the screen to make sure that it turns off when I shut the door. When charging, the "charging summary" screen shows, and the screen won't respond to anything. Even if I press the brake pedal. But, when I open the door, everything's normal. Is there a problem with my seat sensor?
Book service, most likely the seat sensor is faulty.