TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Infotainment System goes on and off

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by compo11, Feb 4, 2019.

1. compo11

compo11 Member

Hi My Model S2018 is having a problem with the infotainment screen..
    yesterday for a while I was getting "no internet connection" on
    the screen,today the screen keeps going on and off and the climate system also cycles on and off.
    The screen feels very hot to the touch which make me very concerned....when the radio comes back on it goes
    to a different channel than I originally had tuned to...Thanks In Advance Neal

• Like x 1
  2. BridgeMojo

BridgeMojo Supporting Member

The current software release seems pretty buggy around the media system. I've been doing occasional reboots to get mine to settle down. If I'm just commuting, and leaving it on the same FM station, I don't have to reboot very often.

• Like x 1
  3. compo11

compo11 Member

System is still going on and off,I am able to drive the car but navigation,music ansheat/air keep flashing on and off.
    A new development is that the loud bong(bell) that goes off to alert you that you are too close to objects is going
    off continuously and I had to take it home.I have tried to reboot the screen according to directions/videos i have seen
    but it has not worked.The car is 7 months old with 9500 miles,is this sort of thing covered by warranty????

• Like x 1
  4. bmah

bmah Moderator, Model S/X, California Forums

I don't think anyone outside of Tesla could speak authoritatively as to whether the problem you're experiencing is covered by the warranty because nobody knows what the root cause is, and what are all the circumstances around it. You're definitely within the warranty period however.

That being said, if you're experiencing this problem continuously (but the car is driveable) I would definitely get it over to a service center and have them look at it. This is not normal behavior. If you can't do that, try calling Roadside Assistance and see what they have to say.

Good luck!

Bruce.