Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Infotainment Upgrade $2000 for AP2.0/2.5, $1500 for Older Vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know the Infotainment Upgrade was $2500 up until recently. I thought it dropped to $1500, but it looks like it's actually $2000 for AP2.0/2.5 vehicles:
This upgrade is available for $2,000 plus applicable tax, including installation, for vehicles equipped with Autopilot Computer 2.0 or 2.5 and for $1,500 plus applicable tax, including installation, for all other vehicles

Did they increase the price from $1500 to $2000 for AP2.0/2.5 vehicles or was the price difference called out earlier?

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
Looks like it's covered starting with this post:

Yes, it has been discussed a few times. First it was $2500 for everyone. Then $1500 for everyone. Now it's split.

$1500 for pre-AP or AP1 cars
$2,000 for AP2.0/2.5 (because they need HW3 upgrade as part of the deal, presumably the extra $500 is to cover that)
$1,500 for cars that already have HW3

So basically, cars eligible for FSD that didn't buy it have to pony up an extra $500.

Last edited:
Yes, it has been discussed a few times. First it was $2500 for everyone. Then $1500 for everyone. Now it's split.

$1500 for pre-AP or AP1 cars
$2,000 for AP2.0/2.5 (because they need HW3 upgrade as part of the deal, presumably the extra $500 is to cover that)
$1,500 for cars that already have HW3

So basically, cars eligible for FSD that didn't buy it have to pony up an extra $500.
The question remains whether cars that have pre-paid for FSD are covered under the $2000 or $1500 (as they're eligible to get HW3 installed at the same time).

Interesting that they make AP2.5 users buy the FSD computer, since MCU2 with AP2.5 is a standard configuration. I think they were upgrading all AP2.0 computers to FSD because MCU2 + AP2.0 wasn't ever a configuration offered.

Here's the line item for AP3.0 confirming it should be $1500:
TeslaInfotainmentUpgrade.png

• Informative
Reactions: aesculus
I've been holding out on upgrading my AP1 MS but I am glad I upgraded our AP2.5 MX before this price increase. About 2 months ago I paid 2000 with HW3 and the FM/XM tuner included. I wonder what will happen to MCU1 cars when 3G goes away? I'd rather buy the Infotainment upgrade for 1500 than pay 500 for the LTE upgrade alone.

If I pay for MCU 2 upgrade on my API vehicle, does it automatically get the LTE upgrade or do I pay extra for that? My center stack has a large bubble, I assume this will be fixed as well. Still under warranty so I guess it's a mute point as it will qualify for repair no matter.

JJ

i have a 2013 S85 already had the eMMc upgrade and at the same time had them put a new touch screen in $550. I want to upgrade to mcu2 they quoted me $1500 + tax. what parts do they upgrade? is the touch screen one of the parts?
my tesla sc are liers and rip-offs i got the eMMC updated under the recall at the same time i had them replace the touchscreen cause leakage $550+tax+$220 labor at this point i did not know about the MCU upgrade nor did the service rep mention anything about it. the first thing I noticed was the $220 labor charge im not the brightest star in the sky but they already have the mcu out so why the labor charge? so when they called and said it was ready I brought that up and was put on hold for a few minuits and finally said they removed the labor charge. that was my first visit to a sc not off to a good start in my mind. I then lear about the mcu upgrade last week and requested to have it done they came back and said $1500 +tax my appointment is tomorrow I was messaging back asking what is exactly included in the upgrade specifically the touchscreen he messaged me back and said yes that includes a new touchscreen I then told him my story about i was just there 12 days earlier....he messaged me back saying that I get no credit towards the new update and the rep who delt with me the 1st time recommended to me the mcu update. that is a complete lie. and why would I want one 10days later and not then. they have not got back to me since then 1:00pm. my appointment is tomorrow morning. its going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Nobody is going to lie and rip me off. Not even some Tesla Service punks. even funnier the one is named Jesus LMAO

I upgraded my AP1 car to MCU2 in summer of 2020 for $2500 + 6% tax.
In spring of 2021 I added the radio upgrade for $500 + 6% tax.
The overall total was $3180.
My MCU1 was failing but had not completely died. Tesla refused to provide any discount.