Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Infotainment Upgrade Brick

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone had issues with the infotainment upgrade bricking your car? I have a December 2014 P85D and opted to do the infotainment upgrade since my screens had the glue bubbles, the eMMC recall, and since the 3g is being shut down.

It's now been in service almost 2 weeks as Tesla hasn't been able to get the new computer and firmware working. Without actually stating as such, it sounds like the car is bricked.

Sounds like I'm finally getting a loaner today.

I wonder what will happen if they can't figure it out..

It did - they had to bring someone else in from another SC to figure out the issue - they never told me what it was, but I'm assuming the person they brought in was a higher level programmer of some sort.

I was without the car about month in all.

It did - they had to bring someone else in from another SC to figure out the issue - they never told me what it was, but I'm assuming the person they brought in was a higher level programmer of some sort.

I was without the car about month in all.
That's good... at least they gave you a loaner. I just did the infotainment upgrade myself and they were lightning fast about it. Less than 24 hour turnaround.