Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You must have an older car with an Intel Atom MCU if you think installing Ghost was easy.

Have you watched the Ryzen MCU installation video? The Boost LFP is definitely easier than that… the 3 minute vs 11 minute installation video is the first clue. I’ve seen multiple people say it took them 3 hours to install in their Ryzen car, sitting upside down in the passenger seat for much of the time. I would guess I could do the Boost LFP install in 30 minutes, maybe an hour if I really take my time.

Also, you don’t have to lift the car to unplug the module for updates (the harness can stay plugged in for updates, and just the module at the end needs to be unplugged). To unplug the module for an update, you would just need to pull back the liner in the corner of the trunk, assuming you didn’t cut a slit in it and feed the module into the trunk. It’s still not optimal, though, so I really hope they can update the module to where it doesn’t need to be unplugged for Tesla updates.

Name who and their cars manf date that has a Ryzen MCU and installed Ghost? That upgrade only works on 2018 and very early 2019 vehicles which have the 980 motor. So yes I am on the Intel Atom, as are all other Ghost eligible DM 3's. Unless I am mistaken, Ryzen MCU's didn't come into the cars until late 2021, which doesn't apply to Ghost.

Name who and their cars manf date that has a Ryzen MCU and installed Ghost? That upgrade only works on 2018 and very early 2019 vehicles which have the 980 motor. So yes I am on the Intel Atom, as are all other Ghost eligible DM 3's. Unless I am mistaken, Ryzen MCU's didn't come into the cars until late 2021, which doesn't apply to Ghost.

Ghost works on Model Y too--- which still gets 980 in DM cars at least some of the time last I heard.

It's most certainly a thing they sell anyway.

ryzenghost.png

My point was that installing any previous Ingenext module, whatever it may be (Ghost in MY, Boost or Bonus in M3), in a car with Ryzen appears to be more difficult than installing the new Boost LFP. How easy the Ghost might have been to install in a vehicle with Atom is irrelevant for vehicles with Ryzen, as our MCU isn’t going to magically become easier to access like it was in older cars.

My point was that installing any previous Ingenext module, whatever it may be (Ghost in MY, Boost or Bonus in M3), in a car with Ryzen appears to be more difficult than installing the new Boost LFP. How easy the Ghost might have been to install in a vehicle with Atom is irrelevant for vehicles with Ryzen, as our MCU isn’t going to magically become easier to access like it was in older cars.

I understand that now. My knowledge was based on Ghost being mostly for the older 2018 DM 3 cars, I'm not really sure how many Y 980/4D1's there are out there relatively speaking. Glad I don't have to deal with the hassle it has become now.

I doubt it makes a difference if it’s there or not anyways.
Just took the test drive! Holy crap! Worth the trouble!

It took me 2 hours, start to finish, only because I had to take breaks from the heat. I’m non-mechanically talented. So those of you who aren’t in “upper middle age” or are in better shape, and have any skill whatsoever, should do it in half the time.

Reactions: lolsups