Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I recall correctly, the difference in hardware for my 2020 stealth from a plain lr awd was the power inverter on the rear motor. Basically capable of dumping more power into the motor. Think the motor itself was the same, but since the whole motor assembly including the inverter had a different part number everyone thought the motor itself was different. I’m guessing they just weren’t selling as many performance cars so had a fire sale on stealth options (think mine was $2000 extra...easy choice).

If I recall correctly, the difference in hardware for my 2020 stealth from a plain lr awd was the power inverter on the rear motor. Basically capable of dumping more power into the motor. Think the motor itself was the same, but since the whole motor assembly including the inverter had a different part number everyone thought the motor itself was different. I’m guessing they just weren’t selling as many performance cars so had a fire sale on stealth options (think mine was $2000 extra...easy choice).

Nope.

Up till early/mid 2019 AWD and P3D were physically identical. 100%.

After that the rear drive unit (which is the whole thing- motor and inverter and other bits) was different. (980 in the P, 990 in the AWD)

This will only end it tears
Tears of joy
Tears of sorrow

l71RB5s.jpg

Its the same price.
Looks like Electrified Garage has cracked the code.
Currently in Beta Testing. Roll out in 1-2 weeks.
"Ghost Mode" will be $2000.00 and will turn your LR AWD into a Stealth Performance 0-60 3.1 seconds.
Unfort right now seems you have to ship your car to New Hampshire unless between now and then they come up
w a way to do ECU reflash out of the car so we can mail it to them then reinstall. Or even poss buy some sort of re flash tool w the loaded software like some companies offer (apr tuning). They also state it can be returned to stock settings.

Take my money!!!

If you follow their youtube channel you can see where they turned a 75d model s into a p100d and uploaded the source code into the vehicle and worked perfect. Even displayed P100D on the dash and cluster.

View attachment 538872

You must have never needed to take your car into the service center.

Of course Tesla will find out what you did. when you do. That's a no-brainer.

Lastly....there is about to be a total software rewrite update coming. Good luck keeping your $2k Performance software. Will you have to send your car back to them AGAIN?

surprised this isn’t illegal since they are using modified Tesla code (which is not illegal) but then they are selling that code, which is...

It isn't necessarily them modifying the code. It is being proposed earlier in the thread that they are intercepting the CANbus signals to the drive unit and replacing them with different(send more POWAH!) signals. The original code would stay the same.The bad part is that there are probably a myriad of ways of detecting it:

Accelerometer reading upon takeoff... can't hide it.

Inverter power USAGE, as measured by the inverter. I gotta assume that there's some checks in there to see if windings are taking the right amount of current, even if only to warn of impending motor failure. You could probably mimic/adjust this as well, to hide your shenanigans.

Battery power outflow..... I assume the BMS can see the actual power usage of the car, and its not rocket science to see the drive unit is taking more than its supposed to. This would be impossible to hide, and even if you could, it would be asking for battery capacity reporting issues.

surprised this isn’t illegal since they are using modified Tesla code (which is not illegal) but then they are selling that code, which is...

ARE they? Evidence?

The suggestion was it'd be a man in the middle device. Meaning they're using 0 tesla code.

Instead they'd be intercepting a CANBUS signal that says "provide 100 units of power" and then sending on "provide 120 units of power" as a replacement.

You must have never needed to take your car into the service center.

Of course Tesla will find out what you did. when you do. That's a no-brainer.

Again if this is just sitting plugged into the CANBUS, it's not changing anything when not in active use. So you just unplug it before service.

(that's based on the very very very little detail given so far so may not be correct- but it's what we've got)

THAT said- SC doesn't even matter- Tesla could trivially add code to the whole fleet that checks this during operation and reports it back to them remotely.

Lastly....there is about to be a total software rewrite update coming. Good luck keeping your $2k Performance software. Will you have to send your car back to them AGAIN?

Utterly irrelevant.

It's the autopilot/FSD code being rewritten, has nothing to do with amping a canbus signal for "how much did driver press the accelerator" or "How much power to the motor for accelerator position X when driver commanded"

ARE they? Evidence?

The suggestion was it'd be a man in the middle device. Meaning they're using 0 tesla code.

Instead they'd be intercepting a CANBUS signal that says "provide 100 units of power" and then sending on "provide 120 units of power" as a replacement.

Again if this is just sitting plugged into the CANBUS, it's not changing anything when not in active use. So you just unplug it before service.

(that's based on the very very very little detail given so far so may not be correct- but it's what we've got)

THAT said- SC doesn't even matter- Tesla could trivially add code to the whole fleet that checks this during operation and reports it back to them remotely.

Utterly irrelevant.

It's the autopilot/FSD code being rewritten, has nothing to do with amping a canbus signal for "how much did driver press the accelerator" or "How much power to the motor for accelerator position X when driver commanded"
I would be curious if this remapping would mess with TACC acceleration curve, and how things like Summon would be affected.

Jailbreaking a $800 iPhone is light years different than jailbreaking a $60k car.

Most people can squeeze out another $800 for a phone in desperation, however......a $60k car....not so easy.

Just a quote from page 8 of the warranty above where it will be voided if:

View attachment 539140

"A modification won't void a warranty unless an automaker or a dealer can prove that an aftermarket part caused the need for repairs. In other words, your warranty will still be valid when your radiator springs a leak, even if you've added an aftermarket exhaust."​

I think the key words here are if damage occurs as a result of modifications. I modified the heck out of my '94 Mustang when I got it new. But Ford still had to fix things under warranty that had nothing to do with the modifications I made.

I would also find it sketchy and legally questionable if Tesla disallowed charging after a mod like this.

Reactions: TomB985
I would be curious if this remapping would mess with TACC acceleration curve, and how things like Summon would be affected.

Depends how smart it is... if canbus carries a on/off signal for things like TACC it could just insure it's not doing anything when TACC or AP are 'on'

Or the 'dumb' version is they put some kinda switch on it to turn it off and tell buyers "turn this off if planinng to use TACC or AP" I guess.

MPP mentions their partybox does NOT play well with those features FWIW.