Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
0-60 depends on many factors, including SoC, battery temperature, tire grip, incline, etc. Tesla's 0-60 quote is with 1 foot of rollout, so a true 0-60 will often be a few tenths of a second less than 3.2s.

So the problem is- with 1 foot of rollout people routinely get 3 flat with a P... (with dragtimes and others having hit 2.98/2.99 times a few times)

3.2 is fairly typical WITHOUT rollout on the current P. See below

Looking at the current leaderboard on draggy, no rollout, I see (all from different owners) the top 10 as

Followed by 2 more 3.21 owners, 5 more at 3.22, a 3.23, and 2 more 3.24 for the next 10 spots

Point being- unless there's something wrong with the P you're not gonna be "blowing by him race after race" in an AWD++ car that draggy measured at an average of 3.42 0-60.

Now- maybe the AWD++ was at high SoC with 0 passengers against a low-SoC P with a passenger for the races- and by the time they did the AWD++ draggy tests SoC was low on that car?

There's things like that that COULD explain their results... but all of them suggest it was a bunch of kinda crappy not-so-useful tests in that case. Which is an odd way to show off your product.

So the problem is- with 1 foot of rollout people routinely get 3 flat with a P... (with dragtimes and others having hit 2.98/2.99 times a few times)

Looking at the current leaderboard on draggy, no rollout, I see (all from different owners) the top 10 as

Followed by 2 more 3.21 owners, 5 more at 3.22, a 3.23, and 2 more 3.24 for the next 10 spots

Point being- unless there's something wrong with the P you're not gonna be "blowing by him race after race" in an AWD++ car that draggy measured at an average of 3.42 0-60.

Now- maybe the AWD++ was at high SoC with 0 passengers against a low-SoC P with a passenger for the races- and by the time they did the AWD++ draggy tests SoC was low on that car?

There's things like that that COULD explain their results... but all of them suggest it was a bunch of kinda crappy not-so-useful tests in that case. Which is an odd way to show off your product.
Maybe humblebrag. lol.

I know this has been mentioned a million times... And I do appreciate the boost option...

But I just wish Elon would hook up those with 980's with a full stealth option. I mean, isn't it already programmed somewhere? Isn't there examples of them turning AWD's into Stealth's and vice versa already? I'd happily hand over $4--5k to get a P car.

Even if there are only 5000 takers (probably very conservative), thats $25mm before warranty claim costs.

You're quoting the leaderboard, not the average. The average will be lower as shown by the output graphs and the multiple videos I linked showing higher than 3.2. The bottom line is that 3.2 is basically a best-case scenario, battery at ideal temperature with excellent grip and 100% charge. Only 4 runs below 3.2 were within six-hundredths of a second off, which could be even be argued as error.

Then you compare it to a few different runs off the interstate at an unknown SoC, battery temp, etc. That is Model 3 Performance output, no doubt.

You're quoting the leaderboard, not the average.

I mean- I quoted the top 20 entries of different owners and all of em were plus or minus a few hundredths of 3.2 either way.

Yo
Then you compare it to a few different runs off the interstate at an unknown SoC, battery temp, etc. That is Model 3 Performance output, no doubt.

Nobody disagrees with that.

It's the "easily beat a P in repeated races" performance shown in the video that's highly in doubt.

I'd bet significant money they're just flashing the car to tell it it's a P- as Tesla themselves did at delivery for some LR AWD cars that were delivered to P buyers.

I'd bet similar money the hacked car can't easily beat a real P as the video suggests though.

If it could it wouldn't be running 3.42 average using Draggy unless they decided to make a promo video at crap SoC or something which'd make even less sense.

They hit 3.27s with the Stage 2 on camera with Draggy, apparently without roll out, which Tesla quotes their vehicles at. The Stage 3 will likely be faster....

In the video it appears the Model 3 Performance is at 80-90% SOC when they film it, however it experienced significant performance loss compared to the AWD with Stage 2 showing 90%+. Don't we have output charts at SOC somewhere?

So if it's 3.27 it's still a full 10th of a second slower than a performance model. I didn't see the draggy video, so I don't know if that 3.27 includes the rollout or not. If it includes the rollout it is 3/10 of a second slower than a p.

That video they posted of it out running riches performance model is bullshit, if they're only turning a 3.27

I know this has been mentioned a million times... And I do appreciate the boost option...

But I just wish Elon would hook up those with 980's with a full stealth option. I mean, isn't it already programmed somewhere? Isn't there examples of them turning AWD's into Stealth's and vice versa already? I'd happily hand over $4--5k to get a P car.

Even if there are only 5000 takers (probably very conservative), thats $25mm before warranty claim costs.

I can say with almost full certainly it's never, ever going to happen. With Tesla having gone "mainstream" now, there's little chance they're going to want to piss off a LOT of LR AWD owners with 990 motors.

I can say with almost full certainly it's never, ever going to happen. With Tesla having gone "mainstream" now, there's little chance they're going to want to piss off a LOT of LR AWD owners with 990 motors.

While I understand that would upset some, it would appreciated by others as well. I also think to myself, when has that ever stopped Tesla? He discounts prices and removes/adds features to specific models all of the time. I also hear the "that will upset the P owners" remark. I mean, my car has 30,000 miles on it. Of course I'm not paying full price for the difference of a P car.

You're probably right though. BUT i will keep the dream alive in my head, for now haha.

While I understand that would upset some, it would appreciated by others as well.

It would be appreciated by a far smaller number (2018, and some early 2019 buyers) than might be upset by it (all later 2019 buyers, plus all future buyers ever) by being told they're now getting a functionally inferior car.

I also think to myself, when has that ever stopped Tesla? He discounts prices

That benefits future buyers- not past ones. (and to be fair- excluding the giant P100D cut, mainly is in line with the tax breaks going away.... NET price on most Model 3s remain close to, or in some cases, marginally HIGHER today than when they were introduced)

and removes/adds features to specific models all of the time.

Most of the stuff removed from the 3 new/future buyers don't even realize they're missing. And most of it they could easily add back for a few bucks (14-50 adapter, frunk hooks, Homelink, etc).

I also hear the "that will upset the P owners" remark.

See that one's a red herring- since it'll only apply to older AWDs....and they were selling actual P3D- cars for only 2k for chunks of 2019 anyway.... so the P3D- folks have nothing to complain about anyway... and the P3D+ owners can still pretend they really wanted those boat anchor 20s and they were worth thousands more :)

Arguably that's the only way it'd even be possible for Tesla to offer it- offering it on NEW cars would basically kill P sales- since everyone would buy the cheaper AWD knowing they can always pay "later" if they want to unlock to P.

They’ve made bigger gaffes.

Only one I can think of is the 2k FSD sale.

Which they publicly admitted was a mistake, apologized for, and ended quickly- so unlikely to repeat that.

No different than the other decontenting behind and in front of scenes.
Exactly. Plenty of little stuff that has been pulled. Deadman pedal (wow, for me that'd be a big one if I hadn't got that), Homelink, little hooks in the back (not a big thing but there it is), the frunk mat, the ochre rear window (this was dropped ahead of mine getting built, unfortunately), and so on as Tesla has refined to pinch pennies on cost. Benefits flowing to early adopters teaches the lesson for the future of "don't delay, get it early". That's pretty powerful marketing tool if you can build that attitude in the public.

And it isn't even like this would be free, it is just the opportunity to pay more money.

Of course there'd be a non-zero number of people squealing and whining, welcome to the Internet Era, but there just isn't any real moral grounds to be pissed about it and Tesla has done plenty with more actual reason to be choked about.

The one potential rub is for people buying the option that had already paid for Boost. Tesla might end up needing to give them credit for the $ spent on the Boost towards the new option. But that's a relatively small thing, and still would net Tesla more cash than not offering the new option.

Last edited:
So if it's 3.27 it's still a full 10th of a second slower than a performance model. I didn't see the draggy video, so I don't know if that 3.27 includes the rollout or not. If it includes the rollout it is 3/10 of a second slower than a p.

That video they posted of it out running riches performance model is bullshit, if they're only turning a 3.27

Dragy video's showing 0-60 do not use the 1' roll out measurement when displaying the results in the video - so that's the actual 0-60 time. Rollout times are only shown in the full performance report separately.

Reactions: Sam1

If the P gets 3.2s 0-60, why did the folks with P's below videos fail to achieve that?

Again, everything depends on SoC, battery temperature, tires, available grip, etc. The Model 3 Performance can run up to 3.2s 0-60. As demonstrated by many videos online, you'll only get that number at ideal conditions. The dragy video from Rich's channel were not ideal, and neither are the tests above. For the Model S Performance to achieve its 0-60, the battery has to warm up first in Ludicrous+. The Stage 2 package probably sets the same configuration flag for the powertrain as the Stealth/Performance model - it should be the same as a normal performance.

Reactions: M109Rider
Exactly. Plenty of little stuff that has been pulled. Deadman pedal (wow, for me that'd be a big one if I hadn't got that), Homelink, little hooks in the back (not a big thing but there it is), the frunk mat, the ochre rear window (this was dropped ahead of mine getting built, unfortunately), and so on as Tesla has refined to pinch pennies on cost. Benefits flowing to early adopters teaches the lesson for the future of "don't delay, get it early". That's pretty powerful marketing tool if you can build that attitude in the public.

Well, there's ups and downs to early adoption: potentials bugs, and getting shafted on the price among other things. If I had waited 4-5 more months, I'd have saved 2k and gotten accessory upgrades (usb-c / charging). But that's how it goes:

7frfRrZl_3szJU7Hdg9TrqukN30SULTgl9ez8Xn1pIQ.png

2018 AWD MSRP was 53k and that didn't include Autopilot. Then it looks like 4 months later, it went up to 55k. That's what the P goes for today.

And now you want to pay another 4-5k to unlock the P. Might as well trade or sell and get a P. You get the speed, the better suspension, brakes, and all the goodies and abilities.

Last edited: