Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, please elaborate?
Gone. Poof. No more $75...like.....at all.
FD090A2A-BEDC-4334-92D9-B718370ED2CD.png

• Informative
Reactions: Knightshade
That is great about the updates but there is still the risk of Tesla discovering the mod, correct?

It would remain trivial for Tesla to detect you have the mod if they wished to

What I'm slightly unclear on is if you get the update FROM this third party (ie they're putting it on their server and serving it to the car) and thus your car never directly talks to Tesla (in which case it might be possible to hide the fact the car detected it was modded from Tesla barring service visit)... or if the car still does talk directly to Tesla ever, in which case both the car, and Tesla, would be aware it was modded.

It would remain trivial for Tesla to detect you have the mod if they wished to

What I'm slightly unclear on is if you get the update FROM this third party (ie they're putting it on their server and serving it to the car) and thus your car never directly talks to Tesla (in which case it might be possible to hide the fact the car detected it was modded from Tesla barring service visit)... or if the car still does talk directly to Tesla ever, in which case both the car, and Tesla, would be aware it was modded.
When I got mine done...they specifically flash the DU. It’s embedded in the DU. Before today’s news...it was instructed to me that every time there’s an update...the update impacted the DU hence the “disconnect” from Tesla. I can only assume that they found a way to allow updates without “flashing” the DU through Tesla updates. Either by masking that portion only or negating the code Tesla puts out for the DU.

When I got mine done...they specifically flash the DU.

That would be the first I've heard of that. Everything else has just been talking about it being a man-in-the-middle hack achieved via CAN intercept (and circumventable should Tesla decide to lock that network down somehow). Magnus even said they shipped him the box and he installed it himself I thought?

Edit - maybe I'm misremembering or partly conflating with the Boost 50 or whatever that's equivalent to the AWD+? Glad there are people out there trying this out though! Maybe one of these days I might follow.

Last edited:
That would be the first I've heard of that. Everything else has just been talking about it being a man-in-the-middle hack achieved via CAN intercept (and circumventable should Tesla decide to lock that network down somehow). Magnus even said they shipped him the box and he installed it himself I thought?

Edit - maybe I'm misremembering or partly conflating with the Boost 50 or whatever that's equivalent to the AWD+? Glad there are people out there trying this out though! Maybe one of these days I might follow.
Seeing that I installed this after Magnus and spoken with him on the matter and also Ingenext I can tell you this is how the software works with the MCU and DU. Feel free to DM them directly if you have questions.
FD08E271-E277-4064-BC40-2913C7AB43CB.jpeg
F0A7E7A3-6D7E-47E1-8D53-A4B2D4BFC4DF.jpeg

Reactions: bedoig
Eh, especially for folks who already paid for the boost I think paying another $1796 to give Tesla an excuse to not warranty anything powertrain related is crazy, but everyone has different levels of acceptable crazy- and for those interested and with the changes they've made from the original offering it's an excellent price.
To get everything P without trading in the car, paying higher insurance, and taking a loss to me it’s worth it. Especially having not heard of a single DU / Battery failure from track guys that’s been abusing their cars.

Eh, especially for folks who already paid for the boost I think paying another $1796 to give Tesla an excuse to not warranty anything powertrain related is crazy, but everyone has different levels of acceptable crazy- and for those interested and with the changes they've made from the original offering it's an excellent price.
If there was a separate product, which was cheaper than $1796, to go from an AWD+ to the Ingenext Ghost upgrade, then that might be more enticing to those who already got the Acceleration Boost from Tesla, which already cost $2000. Looking forward to seeing what comes next from ingenext as in their FAQ they also indicate they are working on an upgrade for M3P ("stage 3"). Could we see a product to go from AWD to Stage 3 Ghost? I hope so!

I thought the Boost-50 and Ghost modules could be transferred if you changed cars. I wonder if they charge a fee to transfer it or do you have to buy a new unit.

Here is a screen shot from their web page.

View attachment 610512

I sent email to their support, and they've confirmed that it is transferable for a $100 fee. You have to send the module back to them for reprogramming, to get it ready for another vehicle.

Reactions: mrau and TwoK4drSi