Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
you can set the proximity/range for the feature to work. Aside from that, theres no confirmation or anything, just pops open.
Sounds useless for me. If my car is on my drive and I walk past it then it will open...If I set a distance then I have to make sure I keep at least that distance away from the car so as to not pop the door...if I get close it will open and I will have to hopefully see it so I can close it...sound like a problem waiting to happen...

Sounds useless for me. If my car is on my drive and I walk past it then it will open...If I set a distance then I have to make sure I keep at least that distance away from the car so as to not pop the door...if I get close it will open and I will have to hopefully see it so I can close it...sound like a problem waiting to happen...
Yep. All you have to do is disable the feature. That’s really not the main point of the module anyway, just a little added something for those who like it. I have it activated, but it really doesn’t add much for me. Will probably turn it off.

So they announced the recall for the trunk camera cable, would you guys go into SC with the module installed or remove it?
If the rear camera cable runs directly all the way to the computer behind the glovebox, you will want to remove the Ingenext module. If there's a connector anywhere in between, then you don't because Tesla would only replace to that connector.

Also, not all cars will get a new cable. If yours has little or no damage, it will just get a guide protector added to the cable around the vulnerable area.

If the rear camera cable runs directly all the way to the computer behind the glovebox, you will want to remove the Ingenext module. If there's a connector anywhere in between, then you don't because Tesla would only replace to that connector.

Also, not all cars will get a new cable. If yours has little or no damage, it will just get a guide protector added to the cable around the vulnerable area.
Yeah but they won’t know till they get in there so it’s probably a safe bet to remove the module

Reactions: Neko1500
This will be interesting.. I just ordered the bonus module for my M3 because in an email, they say it will support the fog lights when I get them installed.. but the manual doesn't say that.. place your bet.. place your bet ;) I was able to get their Xmas deal so to pick up a few things for my partial premium is a win regardless.

NNo.

I have allow updates turned off in the ingenext app. The car just automatically downloads it when connected to my home wifi. It won't install until I press install. I did accidentally hit install last update while having the ingenext app not allowing updates. Basically the car went through the process of installing the update but it eventually failed before completing. So I guess the ingenext app/ghost prevented the install.
if the aftermarket device has the NICE side effect of PREVENTING installs, hmmm, this might be a useful hack to think about ;)

This will be interesting.. I just ordered the bonus module for my M3 because in an email, they say it will support the fog lights when I get them installed.. but the manual doesn't say that.. place your bet.. place your bet ;) I was able to get their Xmas deal so to pick up a few things for my partial premium is a win regardless.
That is interesting…was curious if they had the capability to enable them. Wonder how the implementation will work, if you can add stock OEM fogs using the existing Tesla wiring harness without having to splice for power, that would definitely be an incentive for me to buy the bonus module. As of now for me it’s just for enabling ambient lighting which isn’t worth it. (I already have rear heated seats in my 19) I’m not interested in the proximity trunk/frunk or door opening features at this time.

Reactions: SteelClouds
So they announced the recall for the trunk camera cable, would you guys go into SC with the module installed or remove it?
Pretty sure it’s just the trunk area and hinge they need to look at. I’ve installed the auto trunk and the glove box is not really involved (the can bus, unless using a really old system, would be routed to back seat area only and I think it’s the the harness itself they need to sort).

On a separate note I wonder how the auto-trunk installation affects this recall! It might even have helped fix it depending on where the wire is rubbing.

Reactions: fluxcapacitor
Pretty sure it’s just the trunk area and hinge they need to look at. I’ve installed the auto trunk and the glove box is not really involved (the can bus, unless using a really old system, would be routed to back seat area only and I think it’s the the harness itself they need to sort).

On a separate note I wonder how the auto-trunk installation affects this recall! It might even have helped fix it depending on where the wire is rubbing.
The coaxial cable for the rear camera video signal is not used at all in the auto trunk opening/closing systems. The reason why you might want to disconnect the Ingenext module if Tesla needs to replace your camera coax cable is that I believe it runs directly from the camera all the way to the computer behind the glovebox. I don't think there are any connections in between that would make the job easier, and they won't just splice the coax cable.

The coaxial cable for the rear camera video signal is not used at all in the auto trunk opening/closing systems. The reason why you might want to disconnect the Ingenext module if Tesla needs to replace your camera coax cable is that I believe it runs directly from the camera all the way to the computer behind the glovebox. I don't think there are any connections in between that would make the job easier, and they won't just splice the coax cable.
There's a video on youtube where a guy replaced the wire harness himself. The part plugs into the area from passenger trunk to the hatch so there is no need to open the computer area for the coaxial cable. You can probably leave the module in for the SC visit for the recall.

There's a video on youtube where a guy replaced the wire harness himself. The part plugs into the area from passenger trunk to the hatch so there is no need to open the computer area for the coaxial cable. You can probably leave the module in for the SC visit for the recall.
Good to know. I was under the impression that the coax cable was one single run all the way through.

That is interesting…was curious if they had the capability to enable them. Wonder how the implementation will work, if you can add stock OEM fogs using the existing Tesla wiring harness without having to splice for power, that would definitely be an incentive for me to buy the bonus module. As of now for me it’s just for enabling ambient lighting which isn’t worth it. (I already have rear heated seats in my 19) I’m not interested in the proximity trunk/frunk or door opening features at this time
That is really the only reason I got it. That and the ambient lighting. I just got the foglights swapped into my M3 today ( happy birthday to me) and I'm just waiting on the module to show up now. Turn indicators and running lights work fine as is. Fingers crossed for the fog lights without hacking the wiring. I found a cool short video on getting the lights in and out. Few items of note. Do the right side first.. its harder and takes longer. Then the left side with the horn seems like a breeze :) Also, a stubby driver for the M25 bit is pretty much a requirement. The back screw is a PIA on both sides. The side that has the sensor cables tied .. just cut the cable tie.. get it all out.. remove the cable tie mount carefully.. snip the ends and run a new smaller tie through the mount. No problem :)

Reactions: PauliePucks