Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like there is a spring sale going on.

I have a 2019 model 3 SR+. Confirmed 980 motor

Is this the one to get?

Any precaution i should be aware of before getting?

Thanks

Looks like there is a spring sale going on.

I have a 2019 model 3 SR+. Confirmed 980 motor

Is this the one to get?

Any precaution i should be aware of before getting?

Thanks

Yup- it's just making the car think you have a LR RWD (all of which came with 980 rear motors) instead of an SR.

Only precaution stuff is to be aware Tesla can easily know you have the mod, and could potentially be a basis for rejecting a future warranty claim (if they can show a reasonable argument for why the mod caused whatever the claim is about-- so a motor or battery issue they probably could make such an argument, but probably not if like your trunk latch fails or something). To my knowledge Tesla has never denied a claim based on use of these specific products, but there's always a risk they could do so.

That, and per the web page, you'll want to hold off on doing car SW updates until the company says they're safe, so you may sometimes not be on the latest/greatest SW immediately.

Yup- it's just making the car think you have a LR RWD (all of which came with 980 rear motors) instead of an SR.

Only precaution stuff is to be aware Tesla can easily know you have the mod, and could potentially be a basis for rejecting a future warranty claim (if they can show a reasonable argument for why the mod caused whatever the claim is about-- so a motor or battery issue they probably could make such an argument, but probably not if like your trunk latch fails or something). To my knowledge Tesla has never denied a claim based on use of these specific products, but there's always a risk they could do so.

That, and per the web page, you'll want to hold off on doing car SW updates until the company says they're safe, so you may sometimes not be on the latest/greatest SW immediately.
You can always remove it if you are going into service for some motor/batter issue. For other exterior/interior trim or noise issues ie. fan, creaks, seats etc…wouldn’t even matter as they wouldn’t be looking.

Reactions: coolmanfever
You can always remove it if you are going into service for some motor/batter issue. For other exterior/interior trim or noise issues ie. fan, creaks, seats etc…wouldn’t even matter as they wouldn’t be looking.

They don't need to look- they can easily detect it's there remotely in multiple ways.

Originally the vendor insisted it was NOT detectable, which numerous folks here knew wasn't true-- Tesla then began throwing a message on the screen basically saying "Hey we noticed this- FYI"

Ingenext updated the HW to no longer trigger that message in the car, but removed the claim it can't be detected- because of course it still can, and they know it.

Great thanks.

Is the installation process pretty much like plug and play for SR as shown on the YouTube video?

Do I have to buy the boost SR to 50 module in addition to boost SR

Do I have to buy the boost SR to 50 module in addition to boost SR

Boost 50 is only for dual motor cars- your link appears to be for someone who bought the SR one and wants to trade it for a 50 (I guess if they had an SR but traded it on an LR AWD or something?)

from your link above

This product will only work if you have a Tesla model 3 DUAL MOTOR. It doesn't work for Standard Range or Long Range RWD.

Reactions: coolmanfever
Awesome! How did you get the update file from ingenext? I bought my boost sr used, but registered and paid the reprogramming fee with ingenext, so everything is copacetic with them and they linked the unit to my vin.

Could you also let me know the software version you’re on for the boost sr, I’ll reference it in my support email.

Thanks for confirming
It was sent via email. Also, it is revision 2.2.4.804.

It was sent via email. Also, it is revision 2.2.4.804.
Yeah I guess there’s a newer version, I’m still on 2.2.3.563. I opened a ticket with them hopefully they get it over to me sometime tomorrow.

Your fog lights were essentially plug and play with this feature enabled, correct? (I have full OEM fog lights installed, so I currently have the DRL working but no fog)

Yeah I guess there’s a newer version, I’m still on 2.2.3.563. I opened a ticket with them hopefully they get it over to me sometime tomorrow.

Your fog lights were essentially plug and play with this feature enabled, correct? (I have full OEM fog lights installed, so I currently have the DRL working but no fog)
Yup, I installed them to OEM spec and did not splice any wires. DRL were working at that time but not fog lights. I waited for the update because I knew it was coming with this feature. Would have 100% paid Tesla to unlock the on screen button, but they don't offer it, so here we are.

Reactions: PauliePucks
Seems like most people hesitant to install boost module is voiding warranty. But are there any real life reports that warranty was denied due to installation.of such aftearkrt module ?

There's relatively few people who:

Have the module
AND
Needed warranty repair

And among that group it'd have to also be someone who was both denied, and a member here to post about it.

I've not seen anyone yet who ticks all those boxes.

I HAVE seen posts from people denied warranty coverage for OTHER 3rd party mods though (stereo mods being blamed for refusing to repair electronics or battery issues for example... and suspension mods for not warrantying other suspension parts).

As always, the manufacturer must be able to make some reasonable connection between the mod and the problem they're refusing to cover.

Yea had a 2018 model 3 with the ghost mod. Left the mod in with numerous service appointments in the service facility and with mobile service. Atleast 6 times did Tesla have it with the mod installed. I’m sure they saw it. I went through so many updates too. Loved it and was the absolute best bang for buck on a car I ever spent. I even mistakenly left the mod in the car when I traded it in for a plaid. I’ve been trying to look for another 2018/2019 with a 980 inverter but it was proving difficult because folks thought it was too hard to find or got spooked just by me asking for that info when trying to find candidates not local to me. It was just easier for me to buy a M3P. If I could do it all over again I would have never traded or sold the model 3 ghost I had.

Yea had a 2018 model 3 with the ghost mod. Left the mod in with numerous service appointments in the service facility and with mobile service. Atleast 6 times did Tesla have it with the mod installed. I’m sure they saw it. I went through so many updates too. Loved it and was the absolute best bang for buck on a car I ever spent. I even mistakenly left the mod in the car when I traded it in for a plaid. I’ve been trying to look for another 2018/2019 with a 980 inverter but it was proving difficult because folks thought it was too hard to find or got spooked just by me asking for that info when trying to find candidates not local to me. It was just easier for me to buy a M3P. If I could do it all over again I would have never traded or sold the model 3 ghost I had.
why do you regret selling it

Is there a new update from ingenext for the Boost SR? If so, how are updates distributed? I’m waiting for the fog light option to be added, I was told it’s coming soon (it’s already available on bonus module) maybe it’s now available

Also, what’s the best method to update the boost sr firmware? Remove the module and connect to PC in the house, or leave it connected to the car and connect via laptop? If I remove the module, should I power down the car before doing so?

(This would be my first update post install)
There’s been two updates in the last few months. I tried one Friday and it broke the whole module. They’re attempting tonight to try to fix it remotely after my pestering them to help. “UID mismatch” error. See my posts above. Wish I’d left it. Wanted to update to fix the rear heated seats bug they say was fixed in 2.2.3 and 2.2.4.

so i have a 2018 LR DUAL but my plate is a blank one, i asked ingenext and they said it could be a 980 but won't know until i purchase and plug it in. Its tempting given the price drop

A 2018 is 99.999% a 980.... only ever seen one person report getting a 990 earlier than 2019...(and most of those early '19 ones were in the EU)