Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. Mine is one with a blank plate, so I wasn’t sure. But it’s an Oct 2018 build, so was pretty confident it would be 980.

The peddle responsiveness is a nice update, but need to get used to it. Just so much power at the slightest touch. My efficiency is already suffering.
I think you just solved my question. I have an 2018 as well with the same build date and my plate is blank. I think I have the 980 motor, but now I think you confirmed it lol

Reactions: Stellavator
Can you give more details on this? Is there actually a firmware update that gets pushed to the Boost SR module? I can find no information whatsoever about the USB-A connector usage.
Sure - ingenext, occasionally, will release their own firmware update for the specific module you own (bonus, boost sr, boost 50, I believe ghost too, but not 100% on that)

When they send the firmware to your email that you purchased with (it’s a Dropbox link to an .exe file) you download it to a windows pc, use the cable that they provide (usb-a male, both ends) and connect the module to your pc. It’s just the module, and only the specific one that’s to be updated, you can leave the harness installed in the car, along with the nice try module, unless that’s being updated too (haven’t seen that yet).

The file is self installing, once you run the .exe, it will run through two progress bars and then tell you the update was successful. It takes around 4-5 minutes in my experience. The UI is extremely generic, don’t expect much.

Lastly the updates are specific to the module so make sure you have the correct file for your module.

Edit: you asked if the updates are pushed, they are not. Nor are there any notifications that an update is available. They will email the update to the email address on file, if you purchased directly from them. If you purchased 3rd party or 2nd hand, you will have to pay them to reprogram your module remotely ($35) via Remote Desktop, then they will roll out the updates to you as if you purchased from them)

NB: forgot to add, before removing the module from the harness, power off your vehicle through the safety menu and power it off once more prior to reinstalling the module. (The car will turn back on when you open the doors as you already know)

Hope that helps!!!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Sophias_dad
2022.12.3 ???
I think there are a few different 12 builds floating around. I was teased with 2022.12.1 about 5 days ago, but it wasn’t safe on ingenext, so I waited, then it went away and never returned. I got notification for 2022.8.3 about 2 days later, which I updated to and am on currently.

I’d really like the 12 build series as it brings back the wiper and defroster cards to the main screen, finally.

I think there are a few different 12 builds floating around. I was teased with 2022.12.1 about 5 days ago, but it wasn’t safe on ingenext, so I waited, then it went away and never returned. I got notification for 2022.8.3 about 2 days later, which I updated to and am on currently.

I’d really like the 12 build series as it brings back the wiper and defroster cards to the main screen, finally.
I got upgraded to 8.3 and then 12.3 yesterday

So, not this? :)

1650477450761.png

• Funny
Reactions: Luudcrs
It’s not necessarily a graphics chip - it’s the processor for the self driving computer and MCU 3. Tesla switched to AMD Ryzen processors in the 2022 models instead of the Intel Atom. So you can actually watch Netflix and use the web browser now lol