Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
you will have to check. look thru the wheel at the motor and look for a plate. It will have a number with 980 or 990 in it. Ingenext has a video to show you how to check. Wishing you luck finding 980 motor.

i've seen the cut off around late 2019 so that's a tough one. Yeah check the plate

99.9% it's a 990.

2018s were almost exclusively 980

2019 was the switchover year, and I don't recall hearing about a 980 appearing in a non-P model 3 anytime after August/September timeframe.

I've never heard of a 2020 or newer coming with one.

To my surprise, it does have a 980 motor! Here's the picture of the plate below. I also have double checked the papers, and it did state the manufacture date of 01/2020.

20220420_214642.jpg

I think you just solved my question. I have an 2018 as well with the same build date and my plate is blank. I think I have the 980 motor, but now I think you confirmed it lolMIs there anybody with a 2018 that has a 990 motor? When I bought

To my surprise, it does have a 980 motor! Here's the picture of the plate below. I also have double checked the papers, and it did state the manufacture date of 01/2020.

View attachment 796028
Then install the ghost module!

View attachment 796028
So I guess now the only question is whether you'll be able to wait for Ingenext's next sale! I installed mine yesterday, and I have yet to see below 3.57s but I haven't gotten it fully charged(90%) and warmed up, and the ambient temperature was too low for my summer tires. That said, its MUCH more powerful, and I'm happy I got it. The front end positively LEAPS when stomping on the accelerator compared to the non-ghost.

I'm a little concerned about my tire bill, and I might end up taking it out during the winter season, lest I not learn to control my right foot by then!

So I guess now the only question is whether you'll be able to wait for Ingenext's next sale! I installed mine yesterday, and I have yet to see below 3.57s but I haven't gotten it fully charged(90%) and warmed up, and the ambient temperature was too low for my summer tires. That said, its MUCH more powerful, and I'm happy I got it. The front end positively LEAPS when stomping on the accelerator compared to the non-ghost.

I'm a little concerned about my tire bill, and I might end up taking it out during the winter season, lest I not learn to control my right foot by then!
Isn’t in Black Friday their next sale?

I have a SR+, so I won't be getting neck breaking 0-60 speeds like the other trims, but hopefully going from 5.3 to mid-high 4s should be a big difference.

I still have the MXM4 tires from OEM, just going to use it all before going to a better all season tire like PS All Season 4. Surely won't be liking the credit card bill either when I replace them...

Tires? 😂😂🤣🤣😂😂 You do know Ghost comes with Track mode? Going to try it out this weekend.
messages_0 (49).jpeg

Yes, you only have two settings. With the ghost upgrade, Chill is super chill mode compared to Ghost.

Chill is as if I'm driving a 4 cyl Samurai, up hill.

View attachment 796185
I gotta assume chill is just like the old chill, or maybe just a tiny bit more powerful. Now that you mention it, I really should have grabbed some (pathetic) dragy runs before the upgrade. I bet there are some online. I might actually have trouble finding somewhere 'in Mexico' to do a chill 0-60. Its one thing to take 150-200ft to do a measurement, and an entirely different thing to take 300-400ft to do it.

For those keeping track, 3.40 is my best yet. Still not really warm enough for the tires, and it probably doesn't help that I keep them at 45psi :)

Reactions: mrau
It’s not necessarily a graphics chip - it’s the processor for the self driving computer and MCU 3. Tesla switched to AMD Ryzen processors in the 2022 models instead of the Intel Atom. So you can actually watch Netflix and use the web browser now lol
Hi Pauline this is related but you’re the only other person that had the same issue as me with the BoostSR and fog lights. They never sent me the required update for that feature! Could you send me a link to the download to that update?

Reactions: PauliePucks
Hi Pauline this is related but you’re the only other person that had the same issue as me with the BoostSR and fog lights. They never sent me the required update for that feature! Could you send me a link to the download to that update?
Check your PMs

PS And even tho my wife says I’m a pretty boy, it’s Paulie, not Pauline lol

I would if Tesla would send it lol

I think ingenext might be closed for holiday. Quebec closes down on the Monday after Easter if I remember correctly (played lots of hockey in Montreal)
What are the chances an update on the future is not marked as “safe”… 🤔 Last time it meant a warning message was on the screen until it was soon patched. Wonder if it’s really worth waiting for updates to be marked as safe each time.