Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the owners of the Ghost upgrade, have you used the lap mode? For the life of me I'm not seeing much if any of a difference when the slider is selected. When I did an Autocross event a while back, I had all the computer control turned down to -10 and the car felt very stable. No sideways tendencies. Went to the track this last Friday and turned off all the computer control again but still felt like it wasn't any different than not being in lap mode.

Appreciate all the work done here. Help with motor model to determine Ghost compatibility.

I took delivery of my Model 3 in mid October 2018. BTW, DM badges were out of stock for this production run. I have the DM with LR battery. Shot photos through my rear driver wheel well per instructions and my motor stamp/badge seems to be blank. Metal plate is there with nothing on it. No letters, no numbers. Any experience with this one? Thanks.
Mine is an august build. Like you, no dual motor badge. October should still be a tent car. Very high probability you have a 980 motor

not sure if anyone follows ingenext on instagram - but - they posted a story update asking customers to be patient with software versions being marked “safe” to install for specific modules. The reason being, is that the testing is done on their own vehicles, which are also at the mercy of the tesla software distribution system. According to them, once an update is received, it is tested immediately.

Just wanted to share that since I know some of us are waiting to install updates that haven’t been deemed safe.

Reactions: DoubleDD
not sure if anyone follows ingenext on instagram - but - they posted a story update asking customers to be patient with software versions being marked “safe” to install for specific modules. The reason being, is that the testing is done on their own vehicles, which are also at the mercy of the tesla software distribution system. According to them, once an update is received, it is tested immediately.

Just wanted to share that since I know some of us are waiting to install updates that haven’t been deemed safe.
There are quite a few of us that verify the updates for ingenext. (And end users)

(this has been written within this thread)

There are quite a few of us that verify the updates for ingenext. (And end users)

(this has been written within this thread)
Sorry, I was simply just sharing what they posted on Instagram as a few newer buyers have been asking why it takes so long for software to be deemed safe.

I’ll make sure I read through all 84 pages next time Ingenext shares something, before I share it here 🤙🏼

Had this happen once, paid for the new one and had them credit me when the old unit arrived.
Maybe should have gone down that route, they asked me to return it and once they received it I would get a new one. Once they received it they sent new one( with terrible UPS service) and was scheduled to arrive early this week. Problem is that it had duties to be paid, I asked Ingenext to pay for these as soon as possible or resolve the issue. They said since it’s an exchange no duties should be charged and they have battling with UPS. Ingenext said the dispute has been resolved and the file should be updated, as of today(3 days of attempted delivery)it still shows funds are due and not sure if UPS is just going to send the unit back. Honestly this has been handled very poorly from Ingenext. They could have sent me faster shipping(or someone else besides UPS). Addressed the duties issue quicker or even just paid them and disputed with UPS afterwards. I just wish they provided more ownership in the problem as I sit here pretty much at a month without the module and with 1k less in my account.

• Informative
Reactions: PauliePucks
Maybe should have gone down that route, they asked me to return it and once they received it I would get a new one. Once they received it they sent new one( with terrible UPS service) and was scheduled to arrive early this week. Problem is that it had duties to be paid, I asked Ingenext to pay for these as soon as possible or resolve the issue. They said since it’s an exchange no duties should be charged and they have battling with UPS. Ingenext said the dispute has been resolved and the file should be updated, as of today(3 days of attempted delivery)it still shows funds are due and not sure if UPS is just going to send the unit back. Honestly this has been handled very poorly from Ingenext. They could have sent me faster shipping(or someone else besides UPS). Addressed the duties issue quicker or even just paid them and disputed with UPS afterwards. I just wish they provided more ownership in the problem as I sit here pretty much at a month without the module and with 1k less in my account.
I’m really sorry to hear that. They should consider maybe keeping warranty stock with a certified installer in the states to prevent issues with duties and exchanges.

I agree you should absolutely not have to pay them twice, that’s bs, but I would pay it to get the item in hand and then have ingenext issue a refund for the faulty unit and the duties incurred.

I am going in for upper control arms replacement on the Model 3 in August as they're now creaking at low speeds.

It's in person at a service centre and completed on the day.

At this stage I'm just tempted to leave the module installed for the visit.

What have others done for this bit of work, or similar visits?

I am going in for upper control arms replacement on the Model 3 in August as they're now creaking at low speeds.

I think the general consensus is if the MCU is not involved with the work being done, then it’s probably safe to leave it. I personally would just turn off any option that is giving you something you shouldnt have - like fog lights or rear heated seats (unless you bought from tesla) in the ingenext app.

Reactions: Bizzwhizz

Just had my left one done a couple weeks ago, and left my module in. No issues. They are so swamped with work, they are not looking for more to do. They got the car in, focused on the control arm, and got it out. No electronic diagnostics or poking around under panels not related to the work at hand.