Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep. If you’re brave just click install. I get the feeling “safe” just means Tesla haven’t another message on the screen until it is next patched. Others might add more info to this.
No you just need to make sure the ingenext app is set to “not allow” and then exit out. Then press “install” on the tesla screen and the tesla install will fail. Once ingenext confirms it’s safe…then go into the ingenext app and set to “allow”. Refresh install in the tesla screen to “advance download” and it should pop up the install from tesla again.

No you just need to make sure the ingenext app is set to “not allow” and then exit out. Then press “install” on the tesla screen and the tesla install will fail. Once ingenext confirms it’s safe…then go into the ingenext app and set to “allow”. Refresh install in the tesla screen to “advance download” and it should pop up the install from tesla again.
Perfect I’ll do that, thanks for the tip!
Does the install failing throw any red flags that the “man” can see? Asking for a friend with years of warranty left

Perfect I’ll do that, thanks for the tip!
Does the install failing throw any red flags that the “man” can see? Asking for a friend with years of warranty left
No. Tesla just thinks it’s a failed download or Wi-Fi connection issues. There’s no flags that are thrown.

Another work around if you don’t want to do the above is to accept the download in your mobile tesla app and let it go to the 2:00min countdown timer….THEN cancel the download within the 2:00 min mark. This will kill the tesla update in the car and mobile app. The update will come back if you toggle the advance software button.

If my memory serves me correct there is no cancel download on the car touch screen. These two methods are the only ways to get rid of the annoying pop up everytime you get into the car.

Right, that's my experience also. It downloads the update automatically whenever the car is connected to wifi, but it doesn't install until you actually confirm.
Ok so now I understand what you mean and what I said above. As long as the install is done by the two methods above to remove the install notification. The toggle advance download triggers the install notification to pop up again…at least for me it does.

I just got 16.3 yesterday. Its already listed on the ingenext website as safe. I suggest you turn off "advanced updates" and just check here when you get a new one. @misdemeanor Its worth it, even if you already had the boost
Awesomeeee :) the FedEx shipping still says pending but it says that standard transit would have it here by noon tomorrow! I'm not holding my breath on that but that sure would be nice! Did anyone have to do anything special with customs or anything? Really don't want anything to get delayed!