Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know why Tesla is not blocking this hack yet. The anxiety of whether an update can be used or it will brick a car together with the knowledge that one day it will happen (or drivetrain warranty would be denied) is punishing enough.

I know why Tesla is not blocking this hack yet. The anxiety of whether an update can be used or it will brick a car together with the knowledge that one day it will happen (or drivetrain warranty would be denied) is punishing enough.
Could be. The Boost 50 provides no additional benefit than the acceleration boost that Tesla offers. I'm sure they have determine that the drivetrain can handle this with no problem or they wouldn't had offered it. The Ghost module can only be used on vehicles that have the 980 motor. That tag on the motor notes that it is a performance variant. It is the same drivetrain that is in all performance vehicles. The ghost upgrade offers no additional benefit other than what is on any performance model. Are these hacks? Could be and maybe one day Tesla may get the upper hand. But for now, most of us are rolling strong. There's something to be said about the freedom to do what ever you want to your own property.

Could be. The Boost 50 provides no additional benefit than the acceleration boost that Tesla offers. I'm sure they have determine that the drivetrain can handle this with no problem or they wouldn't had offered it. The Ghost module can only be used on vehicles that have the 980 motor. That tag on the motor notes that it is a performance variant. It is the same drivetrain that is in all performance vehicles. The ghost upgrade offers no additional benefit other than what is on any performance model. Are these hacks? Could be and maybe one day Tesla may get the upper hand. But for now, most of us are rolling strong. There's something to be said about the freedom to do what ever you want to your own property.
The reason why you check if updates are safe is not only because it might do something with your property, but that you might rightfully lose service from Tesla.

Boost 50 is a purchase of lower price pirated software + attempt to get potentially more drivetrain and battery warranty service without paying for it.

Whatever nice excuse you find - it's the same thing. But it's between you and Tesla. It just doesn't look like a cheaper price to me.

Reactions: XPsionic
The reason why you check if updates are safe is not only because it might do something with your property, but that you might rightfully lose service from Tesla.

Boost 50 is a purchase of lower price pirated software + attempt to get potentially more drivetrain and battery warranty service without paying for it.

Whatever nice excuse you find - it's the same thing. But it's between you and Tesla. It just doesn't look like a cheaper price to me.
I’d happily pay Tesla proper for any of the features the boost sr gives! From ambient lights to more power. The last news was Elon saying “will investigate” for these SR+ cars around 2 years ago…

i think i already know the answer, but i have a service center appointment this week for my driver door and seat and was wondering if i should remove the boost 50 module before going to the service center? It seems like i should but wanted to see what you guys thought

ive had multiple mobile technicians come over and have never removed the boost 50. They never say anything about the boost 50 or the lowered nature of the car, but i suspect service centers are looking for excuses to not do work

i think i already know the answer, but i have a service center appointment this week for my driver door and seat and was wondering if i should remove the boost 50 module before going to the service center? It seems like i should but wanted to see what you guys thought

ive had multiple mobile technicians come over and have never removed the boost 50. They never say anything about the boost 50 or the lowered nature of the car, but i suspect service centers are looking for excuses to not do work
Just took mine in for a TPSM fault. They changed my sensor in the tire and didn’t say a word to me. I thought about removing it but then forgot. So I feel like unless it’s a big big issue I wouldn’t bother.

Reactions: xyxx

I’ve got all sorts of mods and been in to the SC once. They didn’t say anything and probably don’t care unless it’s causing a problem they’re trying to fix.

Reactions: xyxx
make me wonder if there is any report of Tesla deny repairing motor or drivetrain due to installation of boost50?
The only time I have heard of an issue is when someone activated the rear seat heaters and the SC found out and wouldn’t warranty a fix. Other than that nothing. If it’s a major issue plug in the plugs so it’s not detectable. Or simply unplug it.

Reactions: coolmanfever
This post is mostly regarding removing the module. When I was at the SC last month I overheard a group of SAs chatting with a tech and a secretary. The secretary mentioned something along the lines of “did you know there are things some people put on their steering wheels so they don’t have to touch the steering wheel in AP”. The tech said, yeah, I see it all the time and put a note about it in the system.

That said, I know nothing where this module goes and if it’s hidden I suppose they’ll never see it unlike something on the steering wheel.

This post is mostly regarding removing the module. When I was at the SC last month I overheard a group of SAs chatting with a tech and a secretary. The secretary mentioned something along the lines of “did you know there are things some people put on their steering wheels so they don’t have to touch the steering wheel in AP”. The tech said, yeah, I see it all the time and put a note about it in the system.

That said, I know nothing where this module goes and if it’s hidden I suppose they’ll never see it unlike something on the steering wheel.

Unlike a steering wheel weight, they don't need to "see" this module to know it's there.... there's a bunch of ways they can detect it being there, and note it in your records, if they wish to do so.

The maker originally, falsely, claimed it was undetectable but Tesla quickly proved them wrong and and had the car throw a message specifically saying 'Hey, we noticed this...' and the maker had to remove the claim...

They updated the system with the 'nice try' module and the message went away- but notice they kept the "undetectable" claim removed from their advertising after that- because they know there's still plenty of other ways for Tesla to know.

So far I've not heard of any situation where their knowing is relevant- but you'd need a confluence of multiple events all of which are individually rare for there to BE such a situation to know about (ie you're in the tiny # who have one of these upgrades AND in the tiny # who have a problem that could potentially be blamed on the module AND you're still in warranty as well (many of the 980 rear LR AWD cars for example won't be under the bumper to bumper anymore, and almost 0 will be in another year or so)

The only way for them aka any manufacturer to stop modules like this is to encrypt the canbus. That horse left the barn years ago. It was flagged as an issue back in the 90s by security researchers who concluded it was virtually impossible due to a few factors. One being the. Speed of the bus and the. Amount of horsepower needed to encrypt and decrypt on the fly for each piece on the bus. And it’s only gotten worse with what they do now on the internal car networks. Automotive security just sucks