Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't suppose anyone has this with 2022.44.30.5 installed yet, do they? Just received the ghost and I'm not really wanting to be a guinea pig right off the bat, but I'm still wrestling with that damn connector anyway, lol. May just hold off since I'm supposed to be heading out on the road in the morning.

Last edited:
I don't suppose anyone has this with 2022.44.30.5 installed yet, do they? Just received the ghost and I'm not really wanting to be a guinea pig right off the bat, but I'm still wrestling with that damn connector anyway, lol. May just hold off since I'm supposed to be heading out on the road in the morning.
i'm still on 2022.44.25.5 and i have ghost. So far so good..

Reactions: bedoig
i'm still on 2022.44.25.5 and i have ghost. So far so good..

Well that was a huge pain the rear to get the connector back in, but success!! Went mostly with the 'laying inverted in the passenger seat' method. I had to remove the passenger kick panel and eventually grabbed some pliers to hold the connector at the right angle as I lined it up since I couldn't get my hand close enough at all.

Seems to function fine on 44.30.5 from extremely limited testing so far. Draggy will have to wait until tomorrow. On my short test run I punched it and realized that was a bad idea as all the tools and trim panels I had laying in the car went flying around, lol.

Reactions: MrFusion4
Hi,
I just bought a Tesla model 3 with the Ghost module.
I'm not able to connect to the module. I see Ingenext Wifi, but I don't have the password and the default one doesn't work.
The module has an old software version, and the given method does not work. Is there a way to reprogram it with a USB-A wire?
Anyone have the method?

Thank,

Hi,
I just bought a Tesla model 3 with the Ghost module.
I'm not able to connect to the module. I see Ingenext Wifi, but I don't have the password and the default one doesn't work.
The module has an old software version, and the given method does not work. Is there a way to reprogram it with a USB-A wire?
Anyone have the method?

Thank,
Contact ingenext and they’ll send you an update

Hey y'all ! New here. Looking to get a 21-22 Model 3 LR ! Was looking for one with Acceleration boost and FSD, but then ran into ingenex info and thought maybe add that boost 50 thing instead? Sounds like it has some pretty cool bonus features. Was reading through here but theres 102 pages lol.
How is the upgrade from them working? Any big issues to be concerned about compared to having AB from Tesla ?
If i wanted to get ghost, is there a way to know if the car has the 980 motor? Are they specific to certain years?
Is it worth finding a lower priced LR and adding the boost 50 for resale value later?
Finally, if/when i sell the car, can i take off the boost 50 and add it to my next one or sell it ?
Sorry for all the questions! And thank you!

Hey y'all ! New here. Looking to get a 21-22 Model 3 LR ! Was looking for one with Acceleration boost and FSD, but then ran into ingenex info and thought maybe add that boost 50 thing instead? Sounds like it has some pretty cool bonus features. Was reading through here but theres 102 pages lol.
How is the upgrade from them working? Any big issues to be concerned about compared to having AB from Tesla ?
If i wanted to get ghost, is there a way to know if the car has the 980 motor? Are they specific to certain years?
Is it worth finding a lower priced LR and adding the boost 50 for resale value later?
Finally, if/when i sell the car, can i take off the boost 50 and add it to my next one or sell it ?
Sorry for all the questions! And thank you!
980 motors are usually 2018-early 2019 so you're gonna have the 990 motor

Reactions: FeddyWap
Putting this module in is probably the hardest thing I’ve ever done. Maybe my hands are just too big or something. I can’t get leverage to get the connector back in place. It’s like the existing wiring is just in the way and I can’t push it aside enough to get space to maneuver the plug back in. I’ve tried pliers every which way. Now I’m afraid I’ve bricked my car and can’t get either the module or the original connector back into the MCU. Hands are all bloodied and I’m taking a break but I need the car to get to work in a few hours for a night shift. Anyone got any tips?

Putting this module in is probably the hardest thing I’ve ever done. Maybe my hands are just too big or something. I can’t get leverage to get the connector back in place. It’s like the existing wiring is just in the way and I can’t push it aside enough to get space to maneuver the plug back in. I’ve tried pliers every which way. Now I’m afraid I’ve bricked my car and can’t get either the module or the original connector back into the MCU. Hands are all bloodied and I’m taking a break but I need the car to get to work in a few hours for a night shift. Anyone got any tips?
worst comes to worst remove your glovebox

Yep that did it. What a pain.

Thanks

Glad you got it in. I had a similar install experience, along with the 'why the hell did I do this, I'm supposed to be going on a trip in the morning' moments. I don't know if you tried this, but you do get a *little* more space if you remove the kick panel that runs along the door opening / lower footwell. Still a huge pain. I think I'm going to grab some of those long handled 90 degree pliers someone linked up-thread if I ever have to take it out.

Well that was a huge pain the rear to get the connector back in, but success!! Went mostly with the 'laying inverted in the passenger seat' method. I had to remove the passenger kick panel and eventually grabbed some pliers to hold the connector at the right angle as I lined it up since I couldn't get my hand close enough at all.

Seems to function fine on 44.30.5 from extremely limited testing so far. Draggy will have to wait until tomorrow. On my short test run I punched it and realized that was a bad idea as all the tools and trim panels I had laying in the car went flying around, lol.
You’re good with the ghost module running 2022.44.30.5 ?
You didn’t have to unplug the module to safely update, did you? What model car?
Thanks in advance!

You’re good with the ghost module running 2022.44.30.5 ?
You didn’t have to unplug the module to safely update, did you? What model car?
Thanks in advance!

Yes, no issues since installing it. Everything works normally (including AP, FSDb, etc) and no warning messages. I was already on 2022.44.30.5 before installing the module so I can't say for sure, but I'm assuming it would be a normal update (allow updates in the Ingenext portal, install as normal). And I did do a few Dragy runs to confirm my butt dyno... clocking 3.2 0-60 :)

Edit - oh, and it's a 2018 Model 3 dual motor.

Last edited:
Reactions: PFDRick
Yes, no issues since installing it. Everything works normally (including AP, FSDb, etc) and no warning messages. I was already on 2022.44.30.5 before installing the module so I can't say for sure, but I'm assuming it would be a normal update (allow updates in the Ingenext portal, install as normal). And I did do a few Dragy runs to confirm my butt dyno... clocking 3.2 0-60 :)

Edit - oh, and it's a 2018 Model 3 dual motor.
Hmmm, that’s cool!
I know/understand so little about what could go wrong that Im not sure if downloading to my ‘21 M Y LR is ok or not.
I feel like with Ingenext approving 2022.44.25.3 and your success with 30.5 then I should be OK.

Who knows!!

Hmmm, that’s cool!
I know/understand so little about what could go wrong that Im not sure if downloading to my ‘21 M Y LR is ok or not.
I feel like with Ingenext approving 2022.44.25.3 and your success with 30.5 then I should be OK.

Who knows!!
Yes, not sure what they're waiting on. They have .2 and .3 safe currently. I would think that .5 would be just some bug fixes.