Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Model Y Performance Module

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI.

As what appears to be the first users in the Forum with the Ingenext Model Y Performance Module ( Ryzen Version ) I thought this might be a thread you will be interested in.

The module provides track mode and some other goodies.

I am interested in the Regen, Stability system control over and above the nice to have functions like Auto door and Frunk and Trunk opening etc.

Firstly I have spoken with Ingenext and they were very honest about some short term issues with installation etc.

The generic instructions are not applicable to the Bonus Performance module other than they show clearly how to gain access to the Ryzen Computer but not which Plug you need to pull and loop into,

Lithium 12 v is easy to disconnect pull up green tab, slide retaining clip back and lift plug out.

Surprise....the HV disconnect is no longer under the back seat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The connector that needs opening is in the rear left corner of the funk just next to the suspension tower rear bolts.

PROBLEM.....I am not the first with this pulling out the red lock tab seems to do nothing.....my and other plugs are stuck solid.

My solution is cut the single 12v wire and replace the connector with a different one.

This way the electric switches that engage the HV side are de powered and the main battery disconnected,

Sadly the current version does not clearly state that its the top large black male plug that needs removing and ie push back red locking clip and pull out plug.

Replace with the male plug on the module harness . Bit fiddly but the bending the cable 90 degrees to the plug does work.

Then connect the plug at the vehicle end to the Black Module Cable Plug with V5 stamped on the side of it. Easy.

Computer will power up especially if you did not disconnect all the electrics 12v and HV.

When you reconnect there is all kinds of clicking and whirring.

If you are lucky you should not get any error codes at the point.

Then the real fun starts:

You use your mobile device to connect to the Ingenext app by using their IP address which brings up the app on your phone.

Your next job is to HARD RESET from the Ingenext APP.

Now I am stuck.....the App sends a message cant connect to the controller in the car?????

.......................When I get a response from Ingenext I will update this.

Oh if I am not the first user please let me know. as you might have more info than I do.

Follow the instructions the down load the Ingenext app , seemed to work for me.

Reactions: dino007
Ok so no interest in this lol. But for completeness . Ingenext thought my bonus module might have an intermittent fault. They shipped me another one very promptly. They were right. I can now connect using any if my phones. No more scary messages and 10 mph on freeway. The product does feel a bit raw but to be honest they are busy pushing the envelope and doing a good job. They really do seem to care about user input so they have many interesting things in the pipeline. Thanks Ingenext.

Reactions: dino007
HI.

As what appears to be the first users in the Forum with the Ingenext Model Y Performance Module ( Ryzen Version ) I thought this might be a thread you will be interested in.

The module provides track mode and some other goodies.

I am interested in the Regen, Stability system control over and above the nice to have functions like Auto door and Frunk and Trunk opening etc.

Firstly I have spoken with Ingenext and they were very honest about some short term issues with installation etc.

The generic instructions are not applicable to the Bonus Performance module other than they show clearly how to gain access to the Ryzen Computer but not which Plug you need to pull and loop into,

Lithium 12 v is easy to disconnect pull up green tab, slide retaining clip back and lift plug out.

Surprise....the HV disconnect is no longer under the back seat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The connector that needs opening is in the rear left corner of the funk just next to the suspension tower rear bolts.

PROBLEM.....I am not the first with this pulling out the red lock tab seems to do nothing.....my and other plugs are stuck solid.

My solution is cut the single 12v wire and replace the connector with a different one.

This way the electric switches that engage the HV side are de powered and the main battery disconnected,

Sadly the current version does not clearly state that its the top large black male plug that needs removing and ie push back red locking clip and pull out plug.

Replace with the male plug on the module harness . Bit fiddly but the bending the cable 90 degrees to the plug does work.

Then connect the plug at the vehicle end to the Black Module Cable Plug with V5 stamped on the side of it. Easy.

Computer will power up especially if you did not disconnect all the electrics 12v and HV.

When you reconnect there is all kinds of clicking and whirring.

If you are lucky you should not get any error codes at the point.

Then the real fun starts:

You use your mobile device to connect to the Ingenext app by using their IP address which brings up the app on your phone.

Your next job is to HARD RESET from the Ingenext APP.

Now I am stuck.....the App sends a message cant connect to the controller in the car?????

.......................When I get a response from Ingenext I will update this.

Oh if I am not the first user please let me know. as you might have more info than I do.

Follow the instructions the down load the Ingenext app , seemed to work for me.
Can you explain better where is the HVIL plug? may be a picture. thanks