Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenxt boost 50 ghost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone install INGENXT GHOST module?
Ingenxt Ghost Module
These guys claim 3.2 sec for $1,300 plus some other custom settings.

Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 4.23.38 PM.png

Note:
Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 4.27.00 PM.png

Last edited:
I used to be into the honda tuning scene with ktuner and such, hondata and ktuner had excellent reputation

I figured the Ev space would have a tuner but man 1300$ bucks is a lot tho for something I wouldn’t consider the same rep and the tuners I mentioned and it doesn’t seem like is as a simple flash either u need to give remote access

if anyone ever gets this please give info as im interested

Yes
Do you have the 980 motor? If yes, then this is a no-brainer, I would much prefer a MY LR with the Ghost module over my MYP.

Keith
you right Keith.
LR has 990 motor and 980 is on MYP.
So I guess first task is to find wracked MYP get 980 and than put Ghost.
Doesn’t make much sense:
- not sure on the price of used 980 motor plus install
- spend another $1300 on module
- give access to you profile ( though some stats apps do the same)
- potentially void warranty
It would be easier/cheaper to get Acceleration Boost or given crazy tides car prices upgrade to MYP.

it make sense with say 3-5 year old MY or M3., but it will take some time to get there with MY.

Because other option for $1100 does the same as AB plus some additional features.
Ingenext 50
1627382096932.png

I opted for the Ingenext boost 50 over Ghost and here's why:
- My TM3 still under warranty for 3 years
- Service center visits with peace of mind (remove plug-in module under passenger side)
- Ghost Module is invasive to the car
- Ability to upgrade to Ghost when I want to w/o paying much extra

There were just too many un answered questions for me going Ghost so I went the safe route.

I opted for the Ingenext boost 50 over Ghost and here's why:
- My TM3 still under warranty for 3 years
- Service center visits with peace of mind (remove plug-in module under passenger side)
- Ghost Module is invasive to the car
- Ability to upgrade to Ghost when I want to w/o paying much extra

There were just too many un answered questions for me going Ghost so I went the safe route.
I have the 980 motor and was looking at doing the ghost. How do you define the ghost module being invasive? Now I'm concerned. I was waiting for our 50,000 mile warranty to expire.
One other question, if I remove the module will the power upgrade to back to normal? If so, would I regain upgraded power by just plugging in or would I need to have motor and motor controller re programmed.

Reactions: cdub715
I have the 980 motor and was looking at doing the ghost. How do you define the ghost module being invasive? Now I'm concerned. I was waiting for our 50,000 mile warranty to expire.
One other question, if I remove the module will the power upgrade to back to normal? If so, would I regain upgraded power by just plugging in or would I need to have motor and motor controller re programmed.

Take all of this with a grain of salt, these are all questions that would be answered better by contacting Ingenext directly.

The Ghost is more invasive because it allows re-programing of the motor controller remotely by a technician at Ingenext. Sort of like the difference between a "piggyback" engine tuner that intercepts and alters signals going to the ECU on an ICE car, and an actual re-programming of the stock ECU on an ICE car.

Since the motor controller is actually re-programmed I don't know if the car would revert back to "normal" MY LR performance when you removed the module or not, if it DID revert to normal I would expect it to go back to the high performance level when the module was plugged back in.

The main concern is warranty work. Much harder to convert it back to stock configuration if you needed to take the car in for service. Since you are waiting until warranty expiration I would go ahead and go for it... either that or sell the car to someone who wants a 980 motor MY LR and order a performance, with the price of used cars right now you could break even :D

Keith

Reactions: Darmie and cdub715
My bad on the late response. I got the same sentiment as @Fourdoor. My car is still under warranty for another 25K miles so going Ghost would have been a hassle if I were to do any warranty work. From what I read, it is invasive in that there will be changes to you car that are irreversible. With the Boost 50, all i need to do is simply unplug and reset and I'm back to stock.