TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Initial 1000 HW2 cars getting AP software 12/31/16

Discussion in 'Model S' started by HX_Guy, Dec 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Member

Just tweeted...

Elon Musk ‏@elonmusk 2m2 minutes ago
    HW2 Autopilot software uploading to 1000 cars this eve. Will then hold to verify no field issues and upload to rest of fleet next week.

1 reply 14 retweets 47 likes

I replied back to Elon on Twitter asking for clarification of "next week". :p Does that mean 01/01/17 - 01/07/17 or 01/08/17 - 01/14/17?

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 3
  2. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Member

Anyone know how many HW2 Model S' are out in the wild right now?

3. AZ90D

AZ90D Member

who knows. But now ill constantly checking to see if I got it. Deep down I know I'll be waiting until "next week".

4. enzo

enzo Member

Interestingly, my AP2 car has only slept for 16 min today. That is unusual, usually gets at least a few hours. (I keep track with Teslafi, which I recommend.)

Have not seen any suggestion that the factory was not running at speed since Oct 10, thus it could be above 20,000.

5. theslimshadyist

theslimshadyist NashVegas!

1000 cars equals $5M in additional rev rec for Q4. ;)

6. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Member

But Tesla has not delivered 20,000 since Oct 10th, right?

7. GregKo

GregKo Member

I'm picking up both P100Ds on Monday. I doubt I'll be in that bunch... I thought Tesla has a designated group of "trusted" firmware testers. Is that the case?

8. Haxster

Haxster Member

Fleet??

One definition of "fleet" that I found on Google: "the largest group of naval vessels under one commander, organized for specific tactical or other purposes. "an invasion fleet"".

So, under commander Elon, the car that I spent the big bucks on is just part of a fleet tasked with "invading" the ICE non-autonomous driving world?

Well, my Tesla may not be a navel vessel, but I understand that it does float.

And yes, I do know that "fleet" is also used to describe a collection of vehicles under a single owner. Still, it's a little unnerving that my car is actually under the control of "the man"...

• Funny x 2
    • Love x 1
  9. Haxster

Haxster Member

Gee. I hope I'm one of the 1000. I'd love to try it out tomorrow on my timed run up and down Pike's Peak.

10. RobW2428

RobW2428 Member

New Year's Eve. I can imagine some people leaving parties to see if they got the update. Ha, ha. Good luck to each of you. But remember not to ignore your date tonight......

• Like x 2
  11. hariclt

hariclt Member

I wonder how many AP/2 cars they actually built this quarter ... 1000 should be a good sample .. but wonder if it is all Beta community or Tesla employees or just random? Tesla not moving from wifi tonight :cool:

12. johnnyS

johnnyS Member

Normally we receive a notification on the touch screen when a software update is ready to install. When we accept the update, it is scheduled for a time to install. So there is no need to check the car or move away from wifi except for the time of install.

13. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Member

The Tesla phone app will also alert you of an available/pending update, right? I'm away from the car until Tuesday night but hoping the app will alert me and I might send someone to my house to initialize it. :p

14. Hrhkee

Hrhkee Doing research. Brb

Plan to check every hour after 9pm eastern.

• Funny x 1
  15. Maximapolak

Maximapolak Member

At least we're closer now.

16. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Member

• Informative x 1
  17. S4WRXTTCS

S4WRXTTCS Active Member

TACC only isn't bad.

Not great, but TACC is 90% of what's really important.

• Like x 2
  18. croman

croman Active Member

This is ok but not great. I'm disappointed we won't have AP1 parity for quite some time despite direct statements. I hope that they pick up the pace and prove AP2.0 is better than 1.

19. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

Well we can guess based on what they have told us:
    • They run about 2,400 cars a week.
    • AP2 cars started production about 10/10
    • There have been 12 weeks since 10/10.
    • There was 2 weeks of downtime at the factory in Q4.
    So that would mean that they produced up to AP2 HW equipped 24,000 cars.

• Like x 1
  20. simplesolid

simplesolid Model S 60 AP2 Glass Roof

This is very disappointing, this whole time Elon was hinting that it would be release for everyone. But instead is only for 1000 cars and in a very limited capacity. Not cool in my opinion. If this was the plan then it should have been communicated before now.

• Like x 2