Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Initial 1000 HW2 cars getting AP software 12/31/16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope no one here paid up front for the whole 'self-driving' shebang ... no telling how far out those features are.

I did, and I don't regret it. I knew what I was getting. Any differentiation between the EAP and FSD packages is not likely for quite some time, and I doubt the car will ever be able to drive without me in it. Nevertheless, I am excited to be on the cutting edge for years. I do expect it to exceed my minimum expectation to make it worth the cost, and I also expect I will be surprised in unexpected ways as they add features.

I also bought an inventory model with AP2. Didn't pay for the FSD capability... The way I see it

1. I got a fantastic car to begin with - enjoying just driving it and the whole electric car thing
2. In a few weeks I'll get an update to add enhanced autopilot - almost like getting another new car!
3. If and when FSD becomes available I may buy it as an add on - I'll see what functionality it brings. I may wait until it's mature and the cost to upgrade comes down (say 2-3 years time?)