Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Initial 1000 HW2 cars getting AP software 12/31/16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been hearing that noise since I got my car (which came with .180) on Dec 23. I will tell you if it gets louder but I heard that fan before (its actually kind of annoying).
I picked my car on 12/23 it came with .180 It does not have update yet but I hear a weird noice only at high speed not sure if it is fan?
Is this what you guys referring to

Last edited:
Looks like the new software is rolling out...Teslafi.com shows 2 cars in their database with the new software.
Interesting to note that it does not seem to be going to the same cars as the original .185 update cars. Both cars are in California but they are different VIN numbers than the 6 cars on Teslafi.com with the .185 update.

New version is 2.52.20. I'm not familiar with Tesla firmware at all, what does a change from 2.50 to 2.52 signify? (vs a X.XX.XXX update)

Well, my MX is definitely downloading something off of Amazon...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 11.14.19.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 11.14.19.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 87
Have any of you "Cali 1000" received the 2nd update that EM mentioned over the weekend?
afaik, & from prior posts, some have pointed out that it's purely speculative as to whether there even is a discernible 2ND update - or whether tweet/notices are simply referring to one flash. We just have our S parked until the show's over - because it's creepy uncomfortable having features for a few minutes and then having them go away again. Odometer reads ~ only about 100 miles until then .... & it had 50 when it was delivered!
o_O

As @HX_Guy mentioned there's a new firmware version (2.52.20) out there which should roll out to at least all HW2.0 cars over the course of the next few days. As I said, my car's downloading stuff over a secured connection. Thus far I've seen it download a couple of tens of megabytes, so I'm not sure if that's the firmware update or something else entirely, but it does make sense for it to be downloading right now. My guess is I'll have a notification ready somewhere this evening or tomorrow (CET).

According to ev-fw.com this version's been rolled out to quiet a few different countries, but only to the Model S so far. Of course, they only have data on a small percentage of vehicles.

So I have a new update alert, but the car is in service so I cannot install. No idea on the version #
You'll usually get a new update alert whenever the car is in service. The service centers routinely load the latest firmware when they have a car for service. Sometimes it's installed there and sometimes there isn't time for them to do it and they leave it for you to install after you pick it up.