TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Initial estimate: Jun-Aug, now Sep-Nov after configuring!

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Trevor B, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

For the longest time, the delivery estimate was Jun-Aug.

Yet, it now shows Sep-Nov after configuring today.

This (3-5 months window) is not consistent with what I'm seeing here ... what gives? Is this just a placeholder for now, while Tesla figures out the actual production schedule?

fwiw, I ordered the RWD, pickup in Fremont.

2. m3m3m3

m3m3m3 Member

I just ordered awd with the same delivery window, but the site said Tesla would delivery the car to me. No Fremont pickup as an option..

3. Good2go

Good2go New Member

Agreed,is there any way to figure who is 3 months and who is 5 months.

4. Chris350

Chris350 Member

I'm sure it will be based on the original reservation date and when you configured....

5. M109Rider

M109Rider Member

I agree. That’s not good for me, (I’m late to the game), but I suspect that’s how it will play out, which is good.

6. johnster007

johnster007 Member

#6 johnster007, Jun 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    I’ve read they are prioritizing performance ahead of RWD. Just checked configurator and it’s true.

7. the_danimal

the_danimal Member

This makes business sense when you think about it. Can they get a sense of what everyone wants – with down payment – and prioritize P and AWD models ahead of others in order to turn a profit in Q3/Q4.

8. gjunky

gjunky Waiting for the Model ☰

Tesla has done this with the S and X as well. Deliver the most expensive ones first. This won’t be any different for the model 3.

9. M109Rider

M109Rider Member

Yup.
    Elon still has a financial responsibility to the shareholders. He has already stated (in so many words) that he has to balance the financial with his personal goals.

10. xdriv3

xdriv3 Member

What was the time frame you got for either option?

It was 3-5 months for me (for both RWD/AWD), no diff..

11. the_danimal

the_danimal Member

That's the key here, it appears all of us had no difference in estimate for RWD/AWD – if all the P's are going first, it appears that AWD will be next to follow suit, etc.

12. johnster007

johnster007 Member

3-5 months for all configurations except performance. 2-4 months for performance.