Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Initial impressions Model 3 Performance bs 85D model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. Some people told me the red underline only came with the red brakes. Happy it's not the case.

it should. it is just a designation of the car configuration itself, noting that it is a dual motor performance variant.

i don't have the physical badge itself. the dealer said i'd have to get it from a service center at a later time. i already posted an inquiry on my tesla account, so hopefully will hear back from them this week.

So instead of this “doesn’t feel fast enough” / “conspiracy theory” posting, can you time 0-60 and verify that the 3.5 spec is not met? If not, that is an issue for Tesla to address. And if it is, how is 4.6 (AWD) or 5.1 (RWD) not noticeably slower?

So instead of this “doesn’t feel fast enough” / “conspiracy theory” posting, can you time 0-60 and verify that the 3.5 spec is not met? If not, that is an issue for Tesla to address. And if it is, how is 4.6 (AWD) or 5.1 (RWD) not noticeably slower?

It's already been done. Someone was getting 3.53 at 83% charge on his Dragy.

This is the new world that Tesla has created: where 0-60 in 3.5s is “meh.”
My thoughts exactly. When I test drove the RWD I thought "good god, this thing is fast. I better open a savings account to pay for my speeding tickets." I've never owned a sports car (or sports sedan) of any kind so I guess I'm just not the target market for the performance models.

The more I read about AWD and performance the more I feel I made the right decision to save money and time and order RWD. From range to power to nearly everything it seems disappointing from every angle. Expect a refresh in a year or two...

How in the world is 0-60 in 3.5 secs a disappointment from ANY angle? What other BEV's are you buying at this price point that matches that power, range, and Tesla supercharger network?

AWD non-performance is a must for people having to deal with weather & road conditions, that's a no brainer upgrade from RWD. I see you're from OC so it makes sense you see no use for it. We have perfect weather year round.

But seriously, performance model 3 that is lighter than a model S, with better and tighter controls, newer tech, and plenty of room for mods that for the most part people haven't begun to experiment with yet. I don't get where you're getting at.

The more I read about AWD and performance the more I feel I made the right decision to save money and time and order RWD. From range to power to nearly everything it seems disappointing from every angle. Expect a refresh in a year or two...

I think people with a P will be getting a nice OTA update with the “track mode”. The P has only been out a few weeks.

Whatever makes you feel better about your purchase. Very true that you already have your 3 while the rest of us are still waiting in line. You may feel like, and justifiably so, that the RWD is the best value. However, to say that the D and P are disappointing are confounding at best. I will give you that the range is strange except this is the first D that adds power instead of keeping the same power distributed between F&R. In that sense, the D is the absolute best value of the models getting an extra 75hp and AWD traction for $4000.