Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Initial State of Charge at delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just wanted to make sure Tesla didn’t ship the cars at close to 100% since that is bad for the battery.

Tesla is an expert on batteries, and is well aware of their advanced degradation at higher voltages. Did you actually think that they wouldn't have considered this as part of their manufacturing and would just ship batteries fully charged?

Reactions: Amit519
Tesla is an expert on batteries, and is well aware of their advanced degradation at higher voltages. Did you actually think that they wouldn't have considered this as part of their manufacturing and would just ship batteries fully charged?

Yes, it is quite probable. I’ve heard that Tesla used to allow batteries to sit fully charged for 1 week as a “burn in” procedure.

Yes, it is quite probable. I’ve heard that Tesla used to allow batteries to sit fully charged for 1 week as a “burn in” procedure.

And how much degradation does that cause? You don't think they considered the trade-off between the degradation and the increase in customer quality experienced by having a "burned in" pack? If leaving a battery charged at 100% for a week caused any real noticeable degradation, then Tesla cars wouldn't allow you to charge that high and leave it there.

Reactions: Amit519
Yes, I know a tremendous amount about the inner workings of the vehicle and how it operates.

I asked a simple question but it is clear that others have taken offense to this question. All I can say is that was not my intent.

Thank you to those who responded kindly and provided the information requested.