Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Initial Wall Connector questions...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had my Wall Connector installed. It's on a 50amp circuit. I charged our Model Y to 80% to test it and it seemed to do fine. Later in the evening I went through the setup to get it connected to wifi. Things went pretty well, but when I checked for a firmware update I seemed to lose connection. I went back out to the connector to try to press and hold the button for 5 seconds to run through the setup and it started flashing red three times. Pressing and holding the button didn't do anything, but after a couple of minutes it went back to flashing green. However, now there is an alert listed (27, High temperature detected...)

It's currently still flashing green. I am on Software version 22.41.2

Not sure if the Alert just needs to be cleared or if there is a problem with the installation?

The Wall Connector is now displaying a solid green light and I'm attaching some screenshots of my setup pages. Thanks in advance for any assistance...

Attachments

• IMG_8049.PNG
    IMG_8049.PNG
    243.3 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_8050.PNG
    IMG_8050.PNG
    150.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_8051.PNG
    IMG_8051.PNG
    251.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_8052.PNG
    IMG_8052.PNG
    205 KB · Views: 54
Please make sure at all of the screws at the bus and at breaker are very tight ...50 in-Lb to be exact, this may present a problem, for some of generic the branded breakers tie down screw literally will strip when torqued to 50 in-Lbs. I had once used a low cost generic NEMA 14-50 outlet and the tie down screws stripped when torqued to 50 in-Lbs, then I got a Hubell ($50 v. $8.99) and realized why a brand product is definitely better than generic ones ...

Please make sure at all of the screws at the bus and at breaker are very tight ...50 in-Lb to be exact, this may present a problem, for some of generic the branded breakers tie down screw literally will strip when torqued to 50 in-Lbs. I had once used a low cost generic NEMA 14-50 outlet and the tie down screws stripped when torqued to 50 in-Lbs, then I got a Hubell ($50 v. $8.99) and realized why a brand product is definitely better than generic ones ...
Check out this excellent video by Muro Associates regarding choosing the proper NEMA 14-50 outlet. It is eye opening.

Reactions: hookah66