Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Initiative 976

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, are you? People are fed up with this state government’s greedy tactics and plain dishonesty and despite the millions spent by the NO-976 side, the people are making their voices heard.

A bigger indication of this is the overwhelming rejection on most of the advisory votes that were on the ballot. I think even the sheep voters of King County are waking up when taxes actually hit their pocket.

I guess I thought since everyone under the sun endorsed the No side and the yes side was Tim Eyman that it wouldn’t pass.

Fixing the valuation issue is all that was needed. Now the state/local governments will be severely budget constrained and won't be able to keep up with basic maintenance of infrastructure let alone the fact that ST3 won't have anywhere near adequate funding going forward. I happily voted no on this despite the $1400 tab on my Model S because I want light rail to expand in Seattle, and I (and my 21s) want the d*mn potholes repaired. This was finally an equitable and progressive tax in a state ranked worst in regressive taxation.

I had read that this initiative would likely be fought in the courts, but I am not sure how that would work. Clearly there must be restrictions on whether an initiative should be allowed if it passes otherwise an initiative eliminating all taxation in the state would not be outside the realm of possibility.

Reactions: Araman0