Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Initiative 976

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well looks like the chances of Governor Eyman in 2020 have increased. The judge had “concerns that the I976 title was misleading”. The whole ST3 proposal was misleading! Welcome to the corruption of WA state..... I mean King County. Like I said in the beginning of this thread, those with deeper pockets will win regardless of how the people vote. Prove me wrong.

https://q13fox.com/2019/11/27/tim-e...bedience-after-30-car-tab-measure-is-blocked/

Well looks like the chances of Governor Eyman in 2020 have increased. The judge had “concerns that the I976 title was misleading”. The whole ST3 proposal was misleading! Welcome to the corruption of WA state..... I mean King County. Like I said in the beginning of this thread, those with deeper pockets will win regardless of how the people vote. Prove me wrong.

https://q13fox.com/2019/11/27/tim-e...bedience-after-30-car-tab-measure-is-blocked/
Definitely no shot of a Governor Eyman :D

Tim Eyman calls for civil disobedience after $30 car tab measure is blocked

the part that is annoying is that Seattle and king county voted no so that’s part of why they are doing it (obviously money is the main driver). Initiatives like this shouldn’t exist. There needs to be compromise.

For people decide to follow the “refuse to renew car tabs” call, how much is the risk of getting noticed by police if you almost never use street parking?

I know WSP keeps an eye on those, especially during low demand hours at night. It’s also primary violation for you to be pulled for a suspicion of something else that is not.

Reactions: ibdb
For people decide to follow the “refuse to renew car tabs” call, how much is the risk of getting noticed by police if you almost never use street parking?

I think this would just be asking for trouble considering how often your license plate gets read.

Where this stuff is just automatic, and I imagine it simply gets flagged. So the police officer themselves don't even have to notice it, and instead they're alerted to it. Whether they pull you over depends on whether they have better things to do or not.

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
I think this would just be asking for trouble considering how often your license plate gets read.

Where this stuff is just automatic, and I imagine it simply gets flagged. So the police officer themselves don't even have to notice it, and instead they're alerted to it. Whether they pull you over depends on whether they have better things to do or not.
Absolutely! I don’t know for sure, but I would guess that nearly every police car in the US (local, county or WSP) has plate recognition software installed. Just like you said, the officer probably gets an alert for EVERY car that has any outstanding warrants, tickets, expired tabs. I’ve had shirttail relatives pulled over for this very thing. IIRC, these systems were pushed out after 9/11 by the newly formed Homeland Security Administration, essentially funding from the feds and free to all. I think I remember an NPR story on how this technology hasn’t caught a single terrorist, but instead essentially catches those at the lower end of the socioeconomic ladder, struggling to make ends meet, on minor technicalities.

the part that is annoying is that Seattle and king county voted no so that’s part of why they are doing it (obviously money is the main driver). Initiatives like this shouldn’t exist. There needs to be compromise.
Compromise would mean being charged a fair license fee not an overinflated one based on an unrealistic valuation. They knowingly put this in place and didnt care how it effects us taxpayers. All they see is the billions going into there coffers. If tim eyman didnt bring these initiatives (3) to a vote then we would continue to get taken advantage of. Re do the valuation schedule..........

Reactions: wenkan
I think they actually wait a while to get the fines really big before pulling you over;) The late fees will hurt and the state always gets their money in the end. This is why I always pay automatic tolls even in Canada.

Mine just came in:
$75 Transportation Electrification
$150 Electric Vehicle Registration Renewal
$587 RTA Excise Tax

The RTA Excise Tax value is $41k vs Blue Book $37k. Costing me $58.

Fortunately electric vehicle prices are dropping rapidly and some of these fees will eventually make sense (ie $49k for a new Tesla Truck). I still think the Transportation Electrification and Electric Vehicle Registration Renewal need to end after 10 years or replaced by a pay per mile fee.

• Informative
Reactions: wenkan and alloverx