Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Initiative 976

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Electric cars are getting gauged in my opinion. Extra sales tax, extra weight charges, extra RTA fees, plus $200 no matter how much you drive. I don’t want transportation to go unfunded, but there needs to be a rate structure that does not discourage electrification at every step.
That's because EVs are still a minority, perceived by majority as the cars for the rich. Governments are always greedy (there are always friends and family who could use jobs or contracts). Combine those two facts with the currently trendy sentiment "the rich should pay their fair share" and you have the perfect storm, voter approve whatever fees on "the rich". Of course, "the rich" means "people who have more than I", which is means different definition for every person, but that little detail is lost in the campaigns. End result is government gets more money, and the people who don't have EVs but voted for the fee rejoice because they feel they helped some social justice cause, or that somehow they will get a piece of what that money pays for.

Robotaxis fix light rail they don't make it obsolete. You take a robo taxi from your home to light rail and then mass transit 200 people across the bridge downtown who then disperse in robo taxis.

Trains are like fiber. Fast but hard to get where you live. Robotaxis are like 5G. Short range but solve the "last mile" issue of fiber.

I keep hearing about Tesla's Robo Taxi's and level 5 automation right around the corner - yet the AutoPilot nag time has been reduced from 5 minutes a few years ago to less than 30 seconds when traveling on the highway.

I hate to wade into political conversations on this forum but feel compelled to mention as we reduce income taxes (remember Washington State has no income tax including for the two richest men in the world) fees must be raised to compensate.

My Vote is to just raise the tax on fools fuel. That's what I would call a win-win.

I hate to wade into political conversations on this forum but feel compelled to mention as we reduce income taxes (remember Washington State has no income tax including for the two richest men in the world) fees must be raised to compensate.
Why cannot they reduce some unnecessary construction to adapt that? Stop using “earthquake threat” as an excuse to burn money from taxpayers!

Why cannot they reduce some unnecessary construction to adapt that? Stop using “earthquake threat” as an excuse to burn money from taxpayers!

I would prefer they spend $$$ on the roads I drive on...

130523-Washington_bridge_collapse_2.jpg

...get it from the fools fuel addicts...

When fools fuel powered POSs are as common as hens teeth I have absolutely no problem paying for my use of the roads :)

I wonder if @nwdiver mumbles about fools fuel as he tries to source locally grown carrots at Whole Foods o_O
I can’t speak for @nwdiver but I “sourced” a huge handful this afternoon, just a few steps from my front door. I’m also currently harvesting kale, lettuce, arugula, bok choi, beets, and collard greens to go with the potatoes, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, squash, onions and garlic in the cellar. No fossil fuels required.;)

I can’t speak for @nwdiver but I “sourced” a huge handful this afternoon, just a few steps from my front door. I’m also currently harvesting kale, lettuce, arugula, bok choi, beets, and collard greens to go with the potatoes, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, squash, onions and garlic in the cellar. No fossil fuels required.;)

Sounds like my folks’ place. I do have to burn some dinos or electrons to get me some fresh peas though.