Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

INQ: How rare are P85+ with AP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
KBB has a value of $52k. Add the CPO warranty of $4k, makes $56k. Seller asking $62k. Is KBB accurate? I know its a rare configuration, but thats not important to me. Maybe someone else would pay more than market value. I've made an offer of $56k. Seller claims to have an offer of $58k
What's important is not the "rarity" but the fact that you are getting a car with Autopilot functionality (traffic-aware cruise control, Autosteer, Autopark, collision avoidance, emergency braking, speed limit detection, lane drift warning.) The Autopilot functionality is really what elevates the resale value over a similar Model S without AP. Unless the seller is particularly motivated, you're probably not going to see the combination of Performance and Autopilot together for under $60K too often.

Reactions: Blup85
My buddy has a P85 w AP1 in PEarl White w Black Interior. It's a lease though-- goes back to Tesla in Jan.
Would your buddy be able to share the last 5 digits of their VIN? (Since a lot of Model S cars get sold back to Tesla and then show up later as a CPO listing, it's easier to keep track of the total number if the VIN is known.)

Also, if they know about TMC, they might be interested in our "300" group that's specifically for discussion of the P85/P85+ with AP1. (There were approximately 375 Performance rear-wheel drive cars built with Autopilot in the last quarter of 2014. After 5 Nov 2014, they were discontinued and you could only order a new Performance version with all-wheel drive.)