Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

INQ: How rare are P85+ with AP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not in the market now but looking down the road I think that would be my ideal MS. I'm good for a while with my car and prefer the RWD configuration on my next one, and also want the + suspension and AP.

Are they pretty common or not so much?

Any input appreciated, please don't try to sell me your car if you have one for sale. I'm thinking down the road here.

They're out there. Tesla was pushing out AP1 cars about 2 weeks before the unveiling event, and there was a short window (a week or two) after the unveiling event where you could still order a RWD P85 or P85+ before they discontinued that as an option. My guess is there's probably a few hundred P85+ with AP1.

Reactions: Olds442
We have the same feeling. Had to spend almost 3 weeks in a loaner P85D. The D feels so much heavier and slower steering. We prefer the rwd p85 we have. If p85+ with ap1 comes up ill seriously consider paying the book/mkt price
i had a P90D for a couple weeks as a loaner, and yeah, not the same steering feel. (great car no doubt)
we love our P85 as well, and wouldn't change much about it, just thinking down the road because i know i do want to have AP on my next one. and since the plus suspension is the "best" why not get that as well? dreaming big i guess.

We have the same feeling. Had to spend almost 3 weeks in a loaner P85D. The D feels so much heavier and slower steering. We prefer the rwd p85 we have. If p85+ with ap1 comes up ill seriously consider paying the book/mkt price

I have a P85+ (no AP) and right now have a P85D loaner, and while it does feel much heavier, for some reason i like it better

nothing beats the + suspension P85+ or P85D+ are the only options for me....
they are rare to find but I would jump on either...

if both had AP I think even though the D is faster the regular P85+ is more fun to drive and more "dramatic"

For about two months, I had both my P85+ and P85D(+) ... and trying to be objective as possible here -- and as much as I loved (and still do) the P85+, the P85D(+) blew the pants off the P85+ due to the pull of the front wheels equally distributing the power. It just handled better, and like the cliche goes, like it was on rails.

nothing beats the + suspension P85+ or P85D+ are the only options for me....
they are rare to find but I would jump on either...

if both had AP I think even though the D is faster the regular P85+ is more fun to drive and more "dramatic"

I am with you P85+ is the way to go, I looked for almost a year before I found the right car, not as fast as the D but more fun to drive and fast enough.