Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insane first 24 hrs of being brand new to the the Fam - 2020 Model S -

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Figured I’d finally register to the forums now, start participating (as I get more experience with this thing)... but also share a whirlwind first 24hrs of new owner story and hope to get answers/help to a few questions...!

If interested... I’ll reply to this and post my circus of a story:

Nonetheless some background and appreciate any feedback in advance:

On Wednesday (June 10), I bought an inventory 2020 model S, 2020 - midnight metallic with 21” sonic turbine. I live about 40 min from factory in Fremont. It didn’t have fsd, but I ended up purchasing it almost as soon as I got home. Unfortunately, I don’t think it updated/downloaded correctly as I’m noticing some features lacking (I.e NoA)... ive confirmed about 60 times though my credit card, Tesla account, car, etc that I ordered it. Other than it saying that I have it, is there anyway to tell on the car that NoA and other features are actually working? In put an address in, but there’s no navigate on auto button, etc. I double tap the auto steer and cruise button and it works (limits you the speed limit in city).

Couple additional questions I’m hoping for some feedback on:
after the update that was sent out today, when I was backing up, a green line appears in the middle of my backup camera display. I’ll try to post a pic of it.

-half the time my handles open when nearing and half the time they don’t.

- are inventory model s supposed to only come with a 110 plug?

Other than it saying that I have it, is there anyway to tell on the car that NoA and other features are actually working? In put an address in, but there’s no navigate on auto button, etc. I double tap the auto steer and cruise button and it works (limits you the speed limit in city).

Check in the Autopilot section of the Driving screen that you have access to and have enabled the various AP options for NOA. Then you should see the blue button on the map screen when you are navigating a route, and get the single blue line when you use AP on a freeway.

On Wednesday (June 10), I bought an inventory 2020 model S, 2020 - midnight metallic with 21” sonic turbine. I live about 40 min from factory in Fremont. It didn’t have fsd, but I ended up purchasing it almost as soon as I got home. Unfortunately, I don’t think it updated/downloaded correctly as I’m noticing some features lacking (I.e NoA)... ive confirmed about 60 times though my credit card, Tesla account, car, etc that I ordered it. Other than it saying that I have it, is there anyway to tell on the car that NoA and other features are actually working? In put an address in, but there’s no navigate on auto button, etc. I double tap the auto steer and cruise button and it works (limits you the speed limit in city).

Have you gone in to the options and turned on the NoA option? (Assuming it is listed.)

- are inventory model s supposed to only come with a 110 plug?

Yes, all Teslas only come with the 120 volt adapter now.

Reactions: 2101Guy
Story:
I’m in northern ca, 40 min from the Fremont factory. I Custom ordered an S around June 1... was hesitant To online order (not used it, obviously). Finally bit the bullet. Of course, it was gonna take 4 weeks - but out of no where, 10 days later, the same car showed up as available in the BayArea. As an inventory car, it came with free supercharging, so it was a win.
I lost my $100 Due to cancelling, per the Walnut Creek rep, Charlie - good ol chuckie cheese had been blowing my phone up for weeks for nothing - I actually still don’t have a clue why he kept calling me, especially realizing how little capabailities gallery store (employees?) have before, during, and after you buy your car.... Zero reason for them... they could easily setup a test drive mode as effectively as they do with touch less, covid deliver... Regardless as pathetically annoying it was, it is what it is. I tried to think of it as a well-spent $100 for being able to get the car before my and my wife’s anniversary... even though they should’ve waived the fee after buying and $85-90,000 beast of a car (I’ve got a deposit on that insane cyber truck too!) just feels like a no one is anyone but a robot staff mentality.

Back to delivery... Chuckie told me my car was ready, but my account on the Tesla servers were really messed up (financing docs weren’t showing up for e-sig), etc. I didn’t know any doffeeent as this was my first car, but I listened to chuckie and headed to the factory. About a third of the drive down I see and email with a list of 75 things needed to do before pickup. Obviously shocked, I called him once, texted him 10 times, and probably called another time or two... nothing until i got to the factory driving around aimlessly. Finally connected, got a few semantics figured out, was there for over and hour and half (after finally signing and providing final payment).

Pumped about the car. No one there to help, explain anything, etc (covid), but I watched vids before hand - *sugar* experience so far, but all good / cars amazing. 12 miles later, boom, flat right front. Pull of the exit into a court (4pm) “text” roadside.................oh boy... No option to bring me a new oem tire and out my rim on it. According to them... just a loaner? Or tow to dealer 90 minute wait, $50 if patchable, or 400+ if needed to replace. Also if I had them tow it to the nearest store I could pick it up tomorrow . Some fairy tale stuff! No one to talk live to. Ok fine, if a nail hit - my worst day of luck ever....... but NO. I go around (vid and pics and the whole nine yards recorded), what appears to be a patch job on a defective tire at the factory hadn’t sealed properly. Have pics if anyone interested. So now I was pretty upset. Chuckie didn’t exist anymore, Called texted etc. he finally texted me back 30 min later and his “manager”? Called and apologized. I’m two and half hours sitting there and asked him if he was calling me to simply apologiZe or if there was a solution he could help me with... “I’m sorry we have no pull with service”!!! As you could imagine, I went pretty no holds barred after that... what a Mickey Mouse show the Walnut Creek Office is....

But now to the most annoyingly gratifying thing of it all. After ripping into the roadside assistance via text because no live calls (deserved or not, I was just a pawn to them at this point), i got a very random call from a
Factory tech telling me he was on my way, 25 min. Showed up as it should’ve been 2.5 hours before.... in the middle of my replacement, guy tells me his boss told him the tire was free. I was happy, but also thought that was a no brainer... the time spent waiting at the factory smelled weird anyway and the dots were connecting. Nonetheless, it wasn’t the techs fault and did take care of him.... but f*** what a day.

Not the annoyingly gratifying part. I get back in the car, high tale it home and the car almost made me feel like the day hadn’t happened (except the issues in the first post remind me!)
Point is - very rough start and an insanely great car when it running “on all cylinders” very excited to get the kinks figured out.

Reactions: David29
Have you gone in to the options and turned on the NoA option? (Assuming it is listed.)

Thanks for the response on the adapter.
Regarding the options, are you saying just the setting on the main display? I’ve clicked navigation menu setting and autopilot setting and turned everything on. I don’t think I saw one that said specifically “ navigator on autopilot”

Thanks for the response on the adapter.
Regarding the options, are you saying just the setting on the main display? I’ve clicked navigation menu setting and autopilot setting and turned everything on. I don’t think I saw one that said specifically “ navigator on autopilot”

When you go into the Autopilot options do you have the NoA options similar to thisL

NoA.png

Yes. That’s on. There no confirmation needed once nav starts tho?

Then that means you have FSD enabled on your car. Are you using the navigation system to go somewhere on a supported freeway/highway? If so, the option to enable NoA for that drive should show up under the route details.

I guess the other thing to check is that you have WiFi setup/connected and that current maps have downloaded to your car. (It should show what map version you have under the software update options.)

Then that means you have FSD enabled on your car. Are you using the navigation system to go somewhere on a supported freeway/highway? If so, the option to enable NoA for that drive should show up under the route details.

I guess the other thing to check is that you have WiFi setup/connected and that current maps have downloaded to your car. (It should show what map version you have under the software update options.)
hey Mike....what is the correct Nav revision for a 2020 Model S....30 Jan 2020 mfg date