Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insane or Ludicrous

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there everyone !

Will be ordering the P90D tomorrow, super excited! Now question is whether to go Insane or Ludicrous.

We all know L is faster but is it true that only when battery is above 95 percent ? How much faster is it if battery is much lower?

If not at dead stop launching , car going say 30 mph and battery is below 95 percent on the L, how much faster is it compared to the Insane ?

If I can make use of the power all the time, would be great , but if must be 95 percent and above , then I would find it too restrictive for me for the 10K

Car will be in city most of the time and rarely will be on the highway!!

Looking for your expert advices!

Thx!!

I ordered the P90DL, but while it entered production today, I am not scheduled to receive it for another couple weeks. I have driven both, and it's not super noticeable as far as off the line takeoff speed between the P90 and the L. Specs say it's about a 1/2 second faster to 60mph, but from what I've read my understanding is that where you really see and feel a significant difference with Ludricous mode is accelerating at higher speeds. E.g. Passing, 40 to 100.

Hope that helps!

If it is very noticeable from 40mph and up, then I really have to reconsider it !!

But at what battery state ?

Thx

QUOTE="NovemberXray, post: 1588209, member: 47308"]I ordered the P90DL, but while it entered production today, I am not scheduled to receive it for another couple weeks. I have driven both, and it's not super noticeable as far as off the line takeoff speed between the P90 and the L. Specs say it's about a 1/2 second faster to 60mph, but from what I've read my understanding is that where you really see and feel a significant difference with Ludricous mode is accelerating at higher speeds. E.g. Passing, 40 to 100.

Hope that helps![/QUOTE]
If

When I test drove the p90d with ludicrous, I could feel the extra power of ludicrous over insane from a dead stop and at highway speeds.
The battery was also well below 95% as the range showed 170+ miles when we started the test drive.

Honestly the biggest jump you'll see is to the P90D. Just test drove a P90DL that is software limited and able to be a 70, 70D, 90D, P90D, and P90DL, the P90D is plenty to get your heart going. I would be fine with just the 90D honestly, it is still stupid fast. Only difference I noted was as stated above, the L mode allows the car to pull stronger at speeds above 60...my .02

Hi there everyone !

Will be ordering the P90D tomorrow, super excited! Now question is whether to go Insane or Ludicrous.

We all know L is faster but is it true that only when battery is above 95 percent ? How much faster is it if battery is much lower?

If not at dead stop launching , car going say 30 mph and battery is below 95 percent on the L, how much faster is it compared to the Insane ?

If I can make use of the power all the time, would be great , but if must be 95 percent and above , then I would find it too restrictive for me for the 10K

Car will be in city most of the time and rarely will be on the highway!!

Looking for your expert advices!

Thx!!
Go for ludicrous! like other pointed out, the improvement over insane is really for speed over 40 mph. There would be a noticeable difference in highway passing speed.