Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insanity - NEVER RENT YOUR Tesla TO ANYONE!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Soul Surfer

Cancervivor, tech geek & musician
Did anyone see this? Insane-in-the-membrane! So many victims in this complete act of stupidity. I hope they get the perps.

Rented mine on Turo for a few years (2 dozen rentals total) and never had an issue. My biggest fear was someone damaging the car or someone getting hurt, not writing off the car. A write off with no injuries seemed preferable - very cut and dry and I'd likely get a newer vehicle as a replacement. I think your fears are overblown.

Rented mine on Turo for a few years (2 dozen rentals total) and never had an issue. My biggest fear was someone damaging the car or someone getting hurt, not writing off the car. A write off with no injuries seemed preferable - very cut and dry and I'd likely get a newer vehicle as a replacement. I think your fears are overblown.
I'm curious how the insurance views this in the event of a loss? Would this not be using the vehicle for commercial reasons a la Hertz, Budget, etc? Not looking to start an argument, I'm just really trying to gain perspective here.

I'm curious how the insurance views this in the event of a loss? Would this not be using the vehicle for commercial reasons a la Hertz, Budget, etc? Not looking to start an argument, I'm just really trying to gain perspective here.
Turo insures the car while on rental on their fleet policy. Their policy is in effect, not my own. My own would have nothing to do with it (though they were aware, and were fine with the arrangement).

Reactions: Vawlkus