Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inside materials?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have several questions about the inside materials. This is for a regular 60/85. No performance and no sig.

Steering wheel:
From some pictures the steering wheel seems to be leather. Can someone confirm this?
Also. Is it the same on all models even if you order a regular 60/85 with textile seats?
It's not exactly a deal breaker, but I like the leather steering wheel my bmw has...

Seats:
If I order the textile seats, what material is the patches that look like leather in the design studio pictures? Leather or "plastic"?

Other areas:
Are the material of the other areas depending on leather or textile seats? Except the decor which can only be chosen to other than piano black if you have leather seats. I'm thinking of areas like door sides, dashboard, etc.

Sligthtly off topic but related:
From the design studio pictures, the rear seat belt "outlet" seems different with textile than with leather. Is that true? Why?

From the design studio pictures, the rear seat belt "outlet" seems different with textile than with leather. Is that true? Why?

My interior has the narrower rear seatbelt outlets, with the metal trim. I received my car in January. A few weeks ago I got a loaner vehicle for the day and noticed it had the wider rear seatbelt outlet with no metal trim around it. Both my car and the loaner had leather interior, so I believe this was a design change somewhere down the road and the design studio simply hasn't updated the picture of the car with the old narrow/metal-lined seatbelt outlet.

I have several questions about the inside materials. This is for a regular 60/85. No performance and no sig.

Steering wheel:
From some pictures the steering wheel seems to be leather. Can someone confirm this?
Also. Is it the same on all models even if you order a regular 60/85 with textile seats?
It's not exactly a deal breaker, but I like the leather steering wheel my bmw has...

Seats:
If I order the textile seats, what material is the patches that look like leather in the design studio pictures? Leather or "plastic"?

Other areas:
Are the material of the other areas depending on leather or textile seats? Except the decor which can only be chosen to other than piano black if you have leather seats. I'm thinking of areas like door sides, dashboard, etc.

I have textile seats.

Steering wheel is real leather. Very nice. I like it even better than my GTI wheel. Nice and solid, not too thin. Nice thumb/hand rests at 3 and 9.

Seats are textile with fake leather. The fake is plastic but is very high quality. Most people in my car think it is leather.

Other 'leather' areas are the same fake leather. On the dash it seems indistinguishable from leather. I think the leather cars have the same fake leather on the dash parts but am not sure.

The seat belt buckles are sunken into the seat. I have not noticed any difference with the leather ones. But haven't looked close enough at a leather car.

@matbl

Tesla currently has a Sales Contact in Stockholm. Shouldn’t (s)he know, or be able to find out?

sthlm.png

But since there are differences between the Swedish and the US Order Configurator for example, I can see that there seems to be gray areas…

I think the leather cars have the same fake leather on the dash parts but am not sure.
In the US Order Configurator there’s a “Extended Nappa Leater Trim” option. But in the Swedish configurator I can’t find one…

I had the impression the Textile option has now been made the "Vegan" option without using any Leather for the Steering wheel.
Aren’t the “Vegan” option (as in a non-leather steering wheel) something one has to ‘request off the menu’?

@matbl

Tesla currently has a Sales Contact in Stockholm. Shouldn’t (s)he know, or be able to find out?

View attachment 30924

But since there are differences between the Swedish and the US Order Configurator for example, I can see that there seems to be gray areas…

In the US Order Configurator there’s a “Extended Nappa Leater Trim” option. But in the Swedish configurator I can’t find one…

Aren’t the “Vegan” option (as in a non-leather steering wheel) something one has to ‘request off the menu’?

Possibly. I heard it in a thread, but it could have just been conjecture. The gal that has the Vegan MS is named Leilani I believe. If I see her around I'll ask her.

I have textile seats.

Steering wheel is real leather. Very nice. I like it even better than my GTI wheel. Nice and solid, not too thin. Nice thumb/hand rests at 3 and 9.

Seats are textile with fake leather. The fake is plastic but is very high quality. Most people in my car think it is leather.

Other 'leather' areas are the same fake leather. On the dash it seems indistinguishable from leather. I think the leather cars have the same fake leather on the dash parts but am not sure.

The seat belt buckles are sunken into the seat. I have not noticed any difference with the leather ones. But haven't looked close enough at a leather car.

Thanks. This helped a lot and was the info I was looking for.

Does anyone know if cars with leather seats have the fake "leather" on door sides and dash? Or is the extended nappa what gets you real leather there as well?