TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Inside rear trunk, openings that are not covered.

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Tampaukfan, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Tampaukfan

Tampaukfan Member

I was unloading my trunk tonight and noticed two openings on the left and right side of the trunk that have no covers, is this normal?
    IMG_0447_zps11yno5va.jpg IMG_0448_zpstpdhbltw.jpg

2. pgiralt

pgiralt Supporting Member

#2 pgiralt, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    Yes, this is normal. Not quite sure what they are for, but they're on every Model S I've ever seen. I think someone conjectured they are for some kind of ventilation to prevent buffeting, but I'm not sure.

3. Tampaukfan

Tampaukfan Member

Thanks for the reply! Service center had my car for a few days, thought they may have forgot to put some parts back in place.

4. Cyclone

Cyclone Cyclonic Member ((.oO))

Additionally, they make a great way to run wiring for an LED trunk lighting upgrade (to put under the parcel shelf mounts).