Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inside Tesla - 06.26.12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I appreciate the thought, but there is no way that I'm bringing a five year old, who LOVES Tesla and can't wait for me to get my Model S, to the test drive event and leaving him behind with a bunch of strangers while Mommy, Daddy and older brother (10) and sister (8) go off in a brand new Model S for a test drive. Maybe other people's five year olds would be fine with this, but I'm fairly confident my youngest would be livid if I did that, and it would be hard to blame him under the circumstances. This isn't like an infant or toddler who doesn't know what's going on. A 5, 6 or 7 year old is very well aware of things and won't necessarily just willingly go for babysitting while the entire rest of his family gets to go do something fun. I can only compare this to when we go to an amusement park, and he's pissed when he can't go on a ride his older siblings are on, but at least Mom stays behind with him and does something fun with him in the meantime. This would just be cruel to bring him to the event.

Frankly, the real shame is that my wife won't be able to come for the test drive because it would really be worthwhile for her to be able to ride along in the car. I don't blame Tesla at all for this -- this is a direct result of what I consider to be irresponsible parents creating dangerous situations in Fremont that necessitated Tesla's actions, including setting the age limit.

Too bad Tesla can't do a "Ride Swap" ala Disney.

I hope for all of you with kids under age of 8 that test drives will be possible after the 'Get Amped' Tour. I am aware that this might be too late for some early reservation holders to decide in the first case. If my wife had second thoughts that could be relieved by a test drive, I would defer ordering the car. What's another few months? :crying: