Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inside Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So cool! They're right, you really don't get a sense of scale on the presses unless you're standing next to them. It's impressive. How they managed to move some of those from Detroit to Fremont, CA is beyond me.

If I remember right, one of the large presses was from Saturn and it came from Georgia. They had to disassemble parts to be able to make the journey. So neat to see it all coming together.

If I remember right, one of the large presses was from Saturn and it came from Georgia. They had to disassemble parts to be able to make the journey. So neat to see it all coming together.

Yeah, the train tracks actually ran up to the factory. IIRC, they had to lower the floor of the factory to get the behemoths in there. The only ":(" part of this post for me was that it said you'd get your email approximately 4 months prior to delivery. It was 3 months previously, and most were hoping for sooner than that. Boo indeed.

The only ":(" part of this post for me was that it said you'd get your email approximately 4 months prior to delivery. It was 3 months previously, and most were hoping for sooner than that. Boo indeed.

It's most likely just related to the increasing numbers as Tesla ramps up production and won't impact the actual delivery dates. You'll be getting your mail pretty soon.

Factory pics posted on a new event gallery:

factory.jpg