Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inside Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
10) !!!!! Muir Red !!!!!

In the video the red kinda looks more Muir then Signature ... but it could just be the sig base coat. I would love to see the Muir red.

It's not called Muir Red anymore. It's "Sunset Red" as per the Options page and is still slated for 2013.

If the paint shop can paint it already, not sure why Tesla's holding it back till next year; to preserve Sig Red's exclusivity for a few months?!

After looking at way too many Blue Priuses on the road and several not-so-great-looking Green BMW 5s and 3s not to mention Green VWs and Camrys, still considering Sunset Red if Tesla can make it available by January...

The blog says "3:30 p.m. PST". Do you think he meant PDT? I'm betting he did, since California is in Daylight Savings Time right now, and a lot of people don't know how to denote Daylight Savings Time. I just wanted to make sure...

Stoopid 'savings' can't we just get rid of it and switch to metric too while were at it?

All I know is I'm extra tired 2 days a year

and my foot is 12" (w/ a shoe)

The blog says "3:30 p.m. PST". Do you think he meant PDT? I'm betting he did, since California is in Daylight Savings Time right now, and a lot of people don't know how to denote Daylight Savings Time. I just wanted to make sure...

Stoopid 'savings' can't we just get rid of it and switch to metric too while were at it?

All I know is I'm extra tired 2 days a year

and my foot is 12" (w/ a shoe)

It is Daylight Saving Time. No 'S'!

And yes many many people mess up PDT/PST.

Yes, and oddly, it also goes to 3:30 EST. Guessing their code doesn't localize -- or it does and it's not realizing the target is 3:30 PST and adjusting for the local time.
That's odd since a countdown is an absolute thing (e.g., "5 hours from now" is five hours from now, independent of timezone). The code shouldn't need to be localized. They must be using the system clock.

Edited to add: Just confirmed the count down changed by simply adjusting the clock on my laptop and reloading the page.

Last edited:
That's odd since a countdown is an absolute thing (e.g., "5 hours from now" is five hours from now, independent of timezone). The code shouldn't need to be localized. They must be using the system clock.

Edited to add: Just confirmed the count down changed by simply adjusting the clock on my laptop and reloading the page.
[JOKE]Wow, I hope the software on the car is designed and coded better than their web page countdown![/JOKE]

Yes, I'm just kidding.

[JOKE]Wow, I hope the software on the car is designed and coded better than their web page countdown![/JOKE]

Yes, I'm just kidding.

Oh, but I hope it is the same. That way you could bring up your battery to 100% just by driving into a different time zone. Right?
totaltgalen.gif

I've run into this myself. The solution I came up with is to have a target countdown date (a unix timestamp) then to also have a variable stating the current server time (inserted into the code via whatever they use, likely PHP). Then the Javascript can do a diff on the machine's date and the date of the server (which is likely the same timezone of the target countdown date). This way it can use that difference to offset the countdown forward or backward as needed.

TM if you're reading, you're welcome :)