Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inside Tesla's Red Hook NYC Showroom

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• jpg.jpeg
    jpg.jpeg
    185.7 KB · Views: 150
Red Hook has many memories for me, mostly because it was a reference call in point for helicopter pilots in the area when I livd there and often flew from near Newark to JFK. I'm please Tesla chose to locate there. IT's really convenient for drivers from Manhattan although not great for public transport.

This new, Brooklyn showroom and service center would seem to indicate that something about the information in the post below has changed, which is great!

There will be NO upstate gallery/SC.
Turns out the Governor and Legislature passed a bill in June limiting Tesla to its current 5 galleries/SC. The links are to the press release and a Crain's article; google NY-Tesla-legislation for more.

Governor Cuomo Signs Legislation on Agreement Between Automobile Dealers and Tesla Motors | Governor Andrew M. Cuomo
Bill to run Tesla off road is amended | Crain's New York Business

Its the same anti-consumer, anti-Tesla law passed in other states that is pushed through by Dealers wanting to protect their status as middleman, under the guise of consumer protection. The threat of the Tesla model of sales and distribution is very real to the Dealers.

As they say, write your Legislator..