TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Inside Tesla's Red Hook NYC Showroom

Discussion in 'News' started by boofagle, Mar 17, 2016.

1. boofagle

boofagle Member

Attached Files:

• jpg.jpeg
      jpg.jpeg
      File size:
      185.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Electric700

Electric700 Member

Great article and photos. Yes that tiny 120 V cord coming out of the Supercharger in the showroom is interesting. May be it's the secret 1.5 kW to 500 kW version that will get you a full charge in 1 minute!

3. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Coral Gables, FL
    Red Hook has many memories for me, mostly because it was a reference call in point for helicopter pilots in the area when I livd there and often flew from near Newark to JFK. I'm please Tesla chose to locate there. IT's really convenient for drivers from Manhattan although not great for public transport.

4. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Well-Known Member

The "Supercharger" clearly isn't a functional supercharger. My guess is that plug is so that the red "T E S L A" lights at the top of it can light up.

5. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Well-Known Member

This new, Brooklyn showroom and service center would seem to indicate that something about the information in the post below has changed, which is great!