Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inside the NVIDIA PX2 board on my HW2 AP2.0 Model S (with Pics!)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh, it's the "lets track verygreen" fork in the repo for his benefit to the community. Jeez, Tesla you say one thing, but your actions are definitely saying something different, clearly you don't believe hacking is a gift.
Tesla seems to be fine with pure whitehat where vulnerabilities are reported directly to them and not made public. However, Tesla seems to frown own public sharing of details about their system.

Tesla seems to be fine with pure whitehat where vulnerabilities are reported directly to them and not made public. However, Tesla seems to frown own public sharing of details about their system.

I say screw it, can't wait for my darn cable to arrive from China... bastards.... I might feel bad if they actually delivered on a promise or a deadline, but I don't and they haven't

• Love
Reactions: croman and lunitiks
I'm not trying to start a firestorm here. Ultimately, Tesla fixed my issue and they were great about it.

It just seemed creepy to threaten to not honor the warranty based on me posting images of my car online. If I broke something, sure, that's my fault and on me. But, I had a scarlet letter the moment I pulled into service and it felt weird. They told me it was all in my file. And someone at Tesla put it there.

I think it was my honesty and cool headedness that persuaded them to continue working on the car and to fix it. Turned out just fine. But now I have to feel like a beggar and sinner every time if I go back.

No regrets, just feels weird.

As an update, I reached out to Tesla Service to discuss their "note" on my file. They were very courteous and they told me that Tesla has decided to remove the note and that my entire vehicle, including the Autopilot system, continues to be under the New Vehicle warranty. They specifically said "if you had broken anything, it would have shown up by now, so we'll just remove the note and goodwill you back into warranty status." I have it in writing.

I'm pleased with the result and Tesla service was great to work with.